Team for Villa

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

I thought Hooper Fletcher Pudil and Abdi didn't look as fit as the rest.  Understandable but will need a good week in training if they are going to convince Carlos to pick them in a tough league game

Yes that point came across in his post match interview on RS. I got the impression he may be leaning towards Hooper not being fit enough to start. 

If if all players are fit I see Hooper starting every game, but I would understand it if he feels he needs to sit out the Villa starting line-up.

I think one of Hooper or Abdi need to start though. 

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No. I'm feeding alligators in Florida too.

I wouldn't make any observations on one match. Hooper scored two goals in Portugal, and as we all know he will bag 25 goals if played regularly. I prefer to think of his Cardiff performance rather than his Port Vale friendly still getting fit performance.

And even Fessi, he plays where the manager tells him to play. In any case, in the 9 games he played left last season he played like a god, and nothing like someone who didn't want to be there.

I maintain, we want Hoopers goals and Fessi's goals. Not either/or. 

The last 2 games FF has played wide left he's done very little. He looked frustrated against Cardiff, did next to nothing and ended up coming off. Today, albeit a friendly, looked uninterested only woke up when he was moved central.

With FF's form as a forward, the additions of Abdi and Fletcher, Hooper's in danger of being left behind. Better players on a different wave length and a system that doesn't suit him.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

Guest domSWFC

------------ Westwood -----------

----------------- Lees ---------------

Hunt--------------------------- Pudil

--------- Hutch - Bannan -------

----- Abdi - Lee - Foristieri ----

------- Fletcher - Hooper -------

We've got too many forward options. But not enough defenders... So ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK 

I didn't see the game but I'd be shocked if FF looks uninterested. I think that's doing him and Carlos a disservice as a) FF isn't as petulant as his reputation suggests and B) Carlos is a better manager than to allow it to happen or stand by it. 

Im interested to see how we turn out on Sunday and think he may well drop hooper not as it's the seasons design but more so to be more solid and hooper / fletcher not as fit as rest so splitting work may be an option. 

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I didn't see the game but I'd be shocked if FF looks uninterested. I think that's doing him and Carlos a disservice as a) FF isn't as petulant as his reputation suggests and B) Carlos is a better manager than to allow it to happen or stand by it. 

Im interested to see how we turn out on Sunday and think he may well drop hooper not as it's the seasons design but more so to be more solid and hooper / fletcher not as fit as rest so splitting work may be an option. 

Uninterested may be a little strong. But his body language in the first half suggested he was a little frustrated and perhaps bored. He had his moments, but he couldn't get involved as much as he likes.

Soon as he went up top he looked his usual self. Must have been involved in more attacks in the first 10 of the 2nd half than the whole of the first.

Isn't that more just the way we play? Solid first half and openers tire and we come into it more. Certainly seems much more that way since CC arrived. 

I take your point - but still think long term having hooper on pitch will be better than not. He's too good for this division and our bench! 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Isn't that more just the way we play? Solid first half and openers tire and we come into it more. Certainly seems much more that way since CC arrived. 

I take your point - but still think long term having hooper on pitch will be better than not. He's too good for this division and our bench! 

We are notoriously slow starters. Carlos certainly likes to have an element of control. But we definitely attempted to attack today in the first half. We created a good few chances.