"One Step Beyond" - Walsall FC

Did anyone else hear / see this last night ?

Thought it sounded brilliant ... i knew they were famous for it after it this video was on soccer AM ages ago.

I could see there was a bloke videoing it last night so hopefully it'll be on youtube at some point as this isnt the best example >

It would be immense if we could get that going ... what do people think ?

Guest Go For It Owl

Yeah I started it last night

But there was only a few people around me singing, so you more than likely couldn't here it

I'm sure when everyone joins in and there's 500 of us up there all these type of songs will get going

Thing is everyone is waiting till there's 500 there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Go For It Owl

Yeah proper Ultras that lot

ALL TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE singing different songs

NON STOP ALL MATCH

We were poor

We need a group of fans who sing non stop all match - I'm sure there must be some out there that want to do this at home

Guest AnotherOwl

Come on Ultras, come up with an original tune for us! We've got enough history and character in the club for inspiration.

Yeah I started it last night

But there was only a few people around me singing, so you more than likely couldn't here it

I'm sure when everyone joins in and there's 500 of us up there all these type of songs will get going

Thing is everyone is waiting till there's 500 there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard you

I was right above you in the West Stand upper on the front row when you did it

I just heard this massive... "HEY YOU !!!"

I looked over the edge and then you were onto.. "DON't WATCH THAT...> WATCH THIS !!!"

Pretty neat to be honest - looked and sounded great

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Go For It Owl

I heard you

I was right above you in the West Stand upper on the front row when you did it

I just heard this MASSIVE... "HEY YOU !!!"

I looked over the edge and then you were onto.. "DON't WATCH THAT...> WATCH THIS !!!"

Pretty neat to be honest - looked and sounded great

WOW

I'm sure Iwas on the kop last night

Mind you I did have a few beers last night so I could be wrong

Their support whilst shockingly poor in numbers were very vocal and quite impressive. Proper football fans that lot that turned up last night. They earned respect from me.

Parked the car last night, three lads got out of the car behind [probably late teens early 20s] they looked like your usual chav suspects. As my lad was putting his Wednesday shirt on one of them walked over and uttered something, I had no idea what he said I just stood looking back at him blanckley. After an uncomfortable few seconds one of his bilingual mates acting as interpreter translated the question, turns out he was asking for directions to the "Away end" a bit relieved at the innocence of the question I said we'd walk down with them and point them in the right direction. We walked down Herries Rd right to the roundabout at the end of Leppings Lane [we sit on the South] and sent them on their way wishing them best of luck after they had played us. Had a great chat about us [Wednesday] and them [The Saddlers] and football in general. The stark difference in levels of expectations and the difference between supporting the two clubs, we expect promotion at some point they only dream of a promotion, we travel in huge numbers for them a few hundred is a decent turn out. These were just three ordinary lads who travelled up and down the country to watch their team play football, they travel more in hope than expectation they just loved their football, proper football fans.

Parked the car last night, three lads got out of the car behind [probably late teens early 20s] they looked like your usual chav suspects. As my lad was putting his Wednesday shirt on one of them walked over and uttered something, I had no idea what he said I just stood looking back at him blanckley. After an uncomfortable few seconds one of his bilingual mates acting as interpreter translated the question, turns out he was asking for directions to the "Away end" a bit relieved at the innocence of the question I said we'd walk down with them and point them in the right direction. We walked down Herries Rd right to the roundabout at the end of Leppings Lane [we sit on the South] and sent them on their way wishing them best of luck after they had played us. Had a great chat about us [Wednesday] and them [The Saddlers] and football in general. The stark difference in levels of expectations and the difference between supporting the two clubs, we expect promotion at some point they only dream of a promotion, we travel in huge numbers for them a few hundred is a decent turn out. These were just three ordinary lads who travelled up and down the country to watch their team play football, they travel more in hope than expectation they just loved their football, proper football fans.

We dont know how lucky we are in that respect !

Guest Go For It Owl

We dont know how lucky we are in that respect !

Not sure about that

Would rather have a tight week in week out 500 singing none stop than some of the partime non singers we get