Would a general sale ballot work better?

But lets by reyt.  When ever are we going to have this kind of rush in such a short space of time.

Its not going to happen for a league game irrespective of what league we're in as there are 15000 ST holders.

This is a one off unless we get to a Cup game(no ST) where there is over 25000 to sell at once.

Whats the point in using See tickets for General sales games.  There is none, ticket office can handle pushing 1000 max or so in a day. 

As said , this is how big ticket events go like Glasto, Reading/Leeds and big concerts like October Drift.

But, the fee worked out at what, about £4 including standard postage? If you arrange to collect from the TO or print online, the fee is next to nothing - for a great service.

It's paying for crap service I don't like!

If the Club was to invest in the upgrades you mention, the Club might add their own booking fee to pay for the upgrade?

Be interesting to see how we go forward - the current system isn't capable for our Club moving forward, that's for sure!

So if ticket prices increase by £4 extra next season but on the 3 occasions we have huge demand the system can cope you would be happy?

I can already picture the 130 page mega thread about it.

Honestly, making the shop website more lightweight would solve 90% of the problem.

Paying for a cloud provider that can provide a flexible hosting solution that scales with demand would be cost effective for the club and hopefully result in the lowest possible ticket prices and best experience.

Guest ForzaOwls

I think this was a fair system. Im one of those 50 year supporters (1st game march 12th 1966)....i now live in shropshire but attend hillsborough regularly through the season with my 3 sons...so we were able to buy tickets for saturday as our level of TPPs became available. I work in Berkshire. There is no way i could have gone to Sheffield to buy tickets.

The play off semi final home ticket allocation was disapointing because ee never got to the stage where we coukd buy tickets....so we missed the biggest night in years....(burnley fa cup 6th round 1983 was immense...but so were many others)...it was frustrating sitting at home watching it on sky. Fortunately the rules for the final were sensible at 1 ticket per id...if you have an id with even 10TPPs you were just about guaranteed a ticket.

I think this was a fair system. Im one of those 50 year supporters (1st game march 12th 1966)....i now live in shropshire but attend hillsborough regularly through the season with my 3 sons...so we were able to buy tickets for saturday as our level of TPPs became available. I work in Berkshire. There is no way i could have gone to Sheffield to buy tickets.

The play off semi final home ticket allocation was disapointing because ee never got to the stage where we coukd buy tickets....so we missed the biggest night in years....(burnley fa cup 6th round 1983 was immense...but so were many others)...it was frustrating sitting at home watching it on sky. Fortunately the rules for the final were sensible at 1 ticket per id...if you have an id with even 10TPPs you were just about guaranteed a ticket.

I think everyone has agreed giving priority, especially at the tail end to 50, 20, 10 points worked well.

This is about how to handle the rest.

The play-off semi final went on general sale by the way (though had similar issues to this morning).

Why not prepare Hillsborough to become one of the earliest 'cash-free' stadiums inn the country. If London can operate a virtal 'Cash-free' Tube system, why not equip every turnstile with the modern swipe-card turnstile, as per the Tube. All that would be required then would be for Fans to register a Debit card with the club, which would then be used to enter the turnstile. People like ST holders could pre-load their cards at the appropriate rate, as could membership. etc. All attendances would be electronically stored with individual accounts being created. The system could hen be usd to 'prioritise ' any tickets required.