Hutch out for two months

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest AbbeyOwl

Hope he gets fit again soon, but I hope he's on a, pay as you play contract!

Hate comments like that, at the end of the day the Finances mean nothing to me it is simply a plus or a minus in the Chairmans bank balance who is in this for money. What is important is that football is this lads whole life, he has been retired once and simply cannot keep fit, its a massive shame but you can see a time he will have to throw in the towel which bearing in mind his talent must be incredibly tough on him.

Forget the basis of his contract because it will make no difference to you or I, seeing him play does make a difference and it is that which matters to supporters. Too many people play Football Manager, they start to see real life players as they would a digital image.

I was one of those who argued the case that a player of his ability playing 2/3 rds of the matches is a good buy, but it really looks like his body isn't up to it.

Hope he comes back fit and strong and makes a big contribution in the second half of the season.

Guest AbbeyOwl

So by Christmas he will have played about 5 or 6 games.

We just never ever learn do we. Hillsborough the home for crocks.

And heartless supporters

Hate comments like that, at the end of the day the Finances mean nothing to me it is simply a plus or a minus in the Chairmans bank balance who is in this for money. What is important is that football is this lads whole life, he has been retired once and simply cannot keep fit, its a MASSIVE shame but you can see a time he will have to throw in the towel which bearing in mind his talent must be incredibly tough on him.

Forget the basis of his contract because it will make no difference to you or I, seeing him play does make a difference and it is that which matters to supporters. Too many people play Football Manager, they start to see real life players as they would a digital image.

I understand your point of view but how can we not take contracts into account, we are also a business and one on a limited budget that has some fans screaming for new signings.

Guest AbbeyOwl

I understand your point of view but how can we not take contracts into account, we are also a business and one on a limited budget that has some fans screaming for new signings.

You dont get my point, we are not in business we support a Football Club bought cheaply by someone to sell it for a profit which he thought he had done. Players contracts are part of that equation

Are you being serious?

With you? No

Guest JonTheOwl66

How can people be willing to ruin the competitiveness of the club just to be 'nice'?

Football is incredibly cutthroat. If you aren't good enough you're out.

No space for niceness.

That's a better prognosis than I thought it might be, to be honest.

This, and all the more reason we should switch to a system that affords the defence maximum protection. In a 451 system, Semedo is fine sitting in front of the back four breaking up play. He doesn't need to venture to far forward. Coke, Dielna and even Buxton could all play there in an emergency.

Guest AbbeyOwl

He's a crock always has been and always will be. I don't give two hoots how good he can be for 15 games a season it isn't enough

Car crash of a signing

cretin of a supporter

Guest AbbeyOwl

Always the sign of somebody that can't debate a topic without hurling insults. I won't lower myself

Are you being ironic? You call one of our players a crock, a waste of money bla bla bla

Are these compliments or insults?

Its like educating pork.

You dont get my point, we are not in business we support a Football Club bought cheaply by someone to sell it for a profit which he thought he had done. Players contracts are part of that equation

But I am in business and so are Sheffield Wednesday and we support a club that is also a business bought by a business man who may want to sell for a profit (and whats wrong with that) but he also saved the club.

Players contracts are part of the equation and contracts for players who don't/can't play is bad for business and bad for the club.

(do you get my point?)

Guest wayne foster

It may not be the same problem that enforced his retirement but his injuries are bound to be linked. The body compensates in different areas when there is a serious problem in a joint. He will suffer these injuries whilst ever he is playing.

Guest AbbeyOwl

To call Hutchinson a crock is what I would call a blatant fact he has been all his career. Shame for the guy but true.

Players on the treatment table is a waste of money isn't it?

Buying a Yacht is a waste of money, people do just as they buy football clubs, do I care about the waste of money? I do care about not seeing our best player play for us

Edited by AbbeyOwl

Guest AbbeyOwl

I don't know - what are we paying him?

Are we paying him whilst injured?

was there a clause in his contract that meant we didn't pay if he was injured??

Why does it matter to supporters if he is or isnt being payed? When you go to the cinema, if the normal projector guy is off ill and someone else fills in for him does it matter if he is paid or not? Does it affect any of us what payers are payed? If he isnt fit MM will have to get someone else in if he wants his investment to retain its value, I am sure he is concerned

We'll be paying him whilst injured.

It is a shame that he's out again and not to have compassion for him because 'business is business' is just callousnous.

That said, we are running a business and financially we took a gamble on him and it's not paying off at the moment.  Still time left for him to turn it around this season but the outlook isn't great is it?

How about putting him into the back four?  I keep thinking about how Ledley King carried on through his career with a similar set of issues.

Guest AbbeyOwl

I think after that post we should end this debate now but at least you can go and sit on a yacht whenever you like.

Our yacht is permanently in dock

Its called an analogy mate, comparing rich peoples play things. You are thick and jealous about what footballers are paid, enjoy your afternoon of bitterness

We'll be paying him whilst injured.

It is a shame that he's out again and not to have compassion for him because 'business is business' is just callousnous.

That said, we are running a business and financially we took a gamble on him and it's not paying off at the moment.  Still time left for him to turn it around this season but the outlook isn't great is it?

How about putting him into the back four?  I keep thinking about how Ledley King carried on through his career with a similar set of issues.

But we are not running a business we are supporters of a football team