Hutch out for two months

Guest JonTheOwl66

poor lad, he already retired due to injury once.

if he wasn't injury prone we probably wouldn't have had the chance to sign him in the first place and accordingly his wages probably aren't too much.

of course we should pay our players when they're injured, i dont think we'd get many signing if they read the small print and it says "swfc is not liable for damages, wages or any other form of economic responsibility or support for "crock" players, that is to say footballing tradesmen who suffer injury whilst representing swfc". come to think of it, maybe that's the reason no-one wants to sign for us

Didn't they say 6-8 weeks for Lavery about 14 weeks ago?

I remember seeing 8 weeks a few days after Lavery got injured because I pencilled in my head when to expect him back. Never heard an update once the season started. We could do with his pace and liveliness right now.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Abbey your compassion for a lad whose career has taken a real kicking by injury (hence the reason he is slumming it with us btw) is one that most supporters would share.

However, if he was on a pay as you play contract (as he should be imo), the club would be in a position to use the space in the existing wage budget to loan a temporary replacement withput begging bowling the chairman for extras. Therefore the comments from other posters are justified. No one of them has said they are glad he is injured or hope he is out for a long time so i dont really think you can take exception to what has been said.

Begging bowl? It is his club, he owns it lock stock and barrel. If you own a car and you put petrol in it do you take a begging bowl to the gararage to have it repaired or serviced?