What's our best team ?

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I think playing with two keepers would probably give us the edge over most teams, if we are allowed to do that I think we can definitely make mid table.

At least we would then have 1 keeper who moves for a free kick. Kirkland has taken the word "free" to extremes over the last 12 months!

I would imagine Zayatte would start, as he did at QPR last season. In fact, what do we think the side will be that lines up against Brighton? If Milan has pulled the plug on any new players coming in until after the takeover, we have to make do with what we have. Let's assume that Buxton and Lavery probably won't be fit. In goal Kirkland or Westwood? Palmer at right back, Zayatte and Loovens in the middle. Left back Mattock or Helan? Sitting midfielders, probably Semedo and Lee, unless we go with a three, then add Hutchinson. Attacking midfielders, pick themselves really, Maguire, Antonio and Maghoma. Nuhiu up front on his own. On the bench, 2 of Helan, Mattock, Hutchinson. Kirkland or Westwood plus probably Coke, Corry McCabe and Madine. Not too many attacking options on the bench. Any more injuries and it'd be a bit of a problem

Oddly I think Lee's been a better player in a 4 man midfield than a 5. His energy and awareness stand out with only 2 in the middle. If you add an extra in his main strengths are not utilised. Having him in the middle with either Semedo or Hutchinson frees up another player for elsewhere purely from his work rate and energy. 

Nuhiu plays better in a pairing, but a midfield of Semedo Hutch and Lee is better than any pairing of the two of them.

I think we will play 4-5-1 at Brighton, and I think we will lose if we do.

Probably true, but as we are unlikely to sign anyone for a while, there's no one to fill that role. I think we needed at least two new strikers, who I envisaged starting leaving Nuhiu competing for a place on the bench with Madine and Lavery.