West Brom boss reveals incredible Sheffield Wednesday stats under Danny Röhl

Interesting presser strategy. Getting his excuses in early I hope 😄

"Express & Star revealed that Corberan entered his Sheffield Wednesday presser this week with a piece of paper in his hand.

On the piece of paper was two graphs; one showing the form table from the last 25 games in the Championship, and the other showing the form table since Röhl took charge of the Owls.

Corberan said:

“I bring this, which normally I don’t. It was what I showed to my team today. Everyone in football sees the table. Look, they are down and you are up. The people think that there is this distance.

“In the last 25 games, which is more than half of the league, we are in the position seventh. They are in position eighth. Sheffield in that time have achieved 37 points. More than Hull City, or Middlesbrough, or Preston.

“They have achieved 37, we have achieved 40. Only three points difference in the last 25 games. You are going to play against this team.

“We aren’t playing against the Sheffield from the beginning, who couldn’t achieve results – we are playing a team that are with us, fighting to survive. We are fighting to achieve a play-off position. The game is going to be a very, very challenging and demanding game.”

• Like 6

Just now, San Clemente Owl said:

To be fair he is foreign, I only get pissed off at that when its someone from the UK that says it.

Was going to post basically the same response 

• Like 1

It'll be criminal if we go down, having managed top ten form for more than half a season. 

We've been desperately trying to swim against the tide with the weight of the Muñoz era dragging us down all season. 

I just hope we've finally got our heads above water at just the right time.

🤞

• Like 2