Is there any advantage in former SWFC players coming back?

Whether it has worked out in the past, the logic that experience of a club and an existing affinity with the fans remains. 

The issue we have is that the best of our ex-players go on the on to better things, while we continue to flounder. We would definitely have benefited from Antonio coming back over the last decade (or whatever it's been), for example. But you what a return usually means is a player that has spent the peak of his career elsewhere coming back for a final pay day once his legs are gone. So, yeah, that's not going to work out very well. 

If Danny goes to Sunderland next season, I hope he comes back the season after. 

If Baz does, at 36/37, not so much (as a player). 

If Djedi kicks on next season, then ends up warming Tottenham's bench in a couple of season's time, would I take him back on on loan in the January? We'd be mad not to!

Steve Haslam as assistant manager in a couple of seasons (hopefully with Danny still here). Yeah, why not. 

Nuhiu is 34... I'd have your arm off to swap him for Smith, Fletcher, and Gregory right now!

• Like 1

None at all.  Never get the obsession of bringing an ex player in as manager.  Did Röhl play for us before? No.  And he is one of the best managers we've had in years.  Did Klopp play for Liverpool? Did Fergie play for Man U? Did Pep play for Man C? Did Arsene Wenger play for Arsenal?  I can go on but great manager appointments don't need to have played for a club before to be a success.  In fact they don't even need to have been great players.  Being a great motivator, tactician and a people person is what matters

I remember Connor Wickham had an ok loan spell but when he came back for his 2nd loan spell he was brilliant, a cut above anyone else on the field.

He also had a 3rd loan spell mainly during Covid behind closed doors games where he looked a spent force however.

Probably would have had a much better career but injuries sadly held him back.