New under 23 players

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Thanks on your kind words.

I don't have anything to do with Wednesday academy or anyone playing or coaching within it. Also I don't watch games live, but only seen those (probably all of them in last 5 or 6 years) that were made available on line either through free streams or paid services. I'm incredibly lucky to every now and then get bit of inside information and some of my many questions answered by nice people that are connected with academy and know far more than me. Also there is a fantastic poster on here, great guy and a friend who sent me links with some U-18 and U-23 games that weren't available to general public. All in all I would say that I've seen bit more of these players than average poster on here.

Back home I know and talked about the topic at length with many people who coached and played at that level , some failed to make it while other became international players so I believe I know a bit about whole process and what is required to make it.

So, take my opinion with a pinch of salt, but I can assure that I won't write about a player unless I've seen enough of him to form an opinion.

Hope this answers your question 😊

Would it be possible to link any publicly available streams etc on here this season?

I caught a few games on other team's websites and YouTube but pickings are slim.

With any luck, it could generate enough interest for the club to show the games.

The U23 game v United at the lane with the commentary by people who knew the players really showed how far behind we are in that regard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Would it be possible to link any publicly available streams etc on here this season?

I caught a few games on other team's websites and YouTube but pickings are slim.

With any luck, it could generate enough interest for the club to show the games.

The U23 game v United at the lane with the commentary by people who knew the players really showed how far behind we are in that regard.

Realistically there are not many Wednesday underage games to watch.

Last season you could see for free U-23 game against Sheffield United (as they stream all their U-23 home games) and FA Youth Cup games against Southampton and Preston (first ever U-18 or U-23 game streamed by Wednesday). And by paying small fee You could see FA Youth Cup game against Blackburn and last U-23 game of the season against Millwall.

Don't worry, if there is a notion that any game will get shown live it usually gets posted on here.

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Thanks on your kind words.

I don't have anything to do with Wednesday academy or anyone playing or coaching within it. Also I don't watch games live, but only seen those (probably all of them in last 5 or 6 years) that were made available on line either through free streams or paid services. I'm incredibly lucky to every now and then get bit of inside information and some of my many questions answered by nice people that are connected with academy and know far more than me. Also there is a fantastic poster on here, great guy and a friend who sent me links with some U-18 and U-23 games that weren't available to general public. All in all I would say that I've seen bit more of these players than average poster on here.

Back home I know and talked about the topic at length with many people who coached and played at that level , some failed to make it while other became international players so I believe I know a bit about whole process and what is required to make it.

So, take my opinion with a pinch of salt, but I can assure that I won't write about a player unless I've seen enough of him to form an opinion.

Hope this answers your question 😊

Yeah it does, thanks 

what’s your view on the the way it’s being run or where the academy is currently at 

Lee bullen often sat in front of me last year before he moved and I used to try and bend his ear a little ( top bloke he his ) 

personally I’ve always though our academy as been a bit of a waste of money since the premier league days 

but since chansiri came in we seem to have cast our net a bit and started bringing in released players from other clubs to improve the standard abs hopefully who could kick on. Granted not too many have stepped up to make notable appearances or even been profitable but my guess is to started seeing results of the chansiri era we need to be thinking 7-10 years of development come through. So for me it’s always about picking up the kids at a young age and training them through the age groups that will give us the most success longer term.

this now is where I’m expecting to see a few real candidates start to challenge a first team squad position 

my other gripe I had for years was I don’t think the young ones get enough competitive experience and we seem to keep them in the under 23s.  However last year saw a lot of them go out and play and whilst that had a detrimental effect on the 23s it gave others a chance to play at a higher lever too. And gave the lads loaned out much better experience. 

I often think between. 19-23 you simply have to start pushing in competitive matches or match day squads and training. And this is where we’ve failed to bring them on 

maybe ( I’m guessing is the case ) we just haven’t had players good enough to send on loan?

Every season our squad has 2/3 players made up of young potential premier league level hopefuls 

Some don’t make it to that level but often they find their level after a year or so of loans and usually command a fee or development fee and we rarely get that. Shaw and Hirst spring to Mind that’s it 

in short I’m expecting the academy to now start producing and giving us some serious potential, players or a bit of coin to the bank

do you think we are there yet? 

• Like 1