View from a Wimbledon Fan

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

it was clearly 3-4-3 against Bolton first half and it didn't work for Gregory, or anyone. We improved after half-time due to the enforced changes. 

If it was 3-5-2 against Bolton where were Berahino and Paterson playing and why were they set up either side of Gregory 1st half? 

You have barely praised Gregory at any point, even after the game on Saturday. 

OK.

The dummy that Gregory sold on the CB for his first goal was awesome. It was a good goal well taken.

His pen was good.

I've put that somewhere. If you see my posts before you and Roland guy started asking, I say numerous times I like him, he just doesn't fit in.

The best thing about him is that he has this wierd deceptive 1-2 second turbo thing, where he's actually quick for 5 yards every now and again. He used it to set up Berahini at the start of the Bolton game. But v Wimbledon, didn't use it once, he just seemed to be happy being second to everything.

My issue is what do we have to give up for this?

We had to change the formation. We've pretty much given up on the wingers. We've not been scoring.

I think that we play better as a team without him. It's the same as the bin Bannan threads before. He's good, he just doesn't fit our team. I'd have bit your hand off for him last season but we have better available this season.

Why has Barry Bannan, the club captain been slapped down and made to play DM but Gregory got a free pass and a formation change?

Why did we not try anyone else up front.

Berahino, Oxford second half, more chances than any half bar the second v Plymouth. Why go back to Gregory after that. Everything people were asking for happened, the wide play, the pace, the attacking mindset, it was all there.

7 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

OK.

The dummy that Gregory sold on the CB for his first goal was awesome. It was a good goal well taken.

His pen was good.

I've put that somewhere. If you see my posts before you and Roland guy started asking, I say numerous times I like him, he just doesn't fit in.

The best thing about him is that he has this wierd deceptive 1-2 second turbo thing, where he's actually quick for 5 yards every now and again. He used it to set up Berahini at the start of the Bolton game. But v Wimbledon, didn't use it once, he just seemed to be happy being second to everything.

My issue is what do we have to give up for this?

We had to change the formation. We've pretty much given up on the wingers. We've not been scoring.

I think that we play better as a team without him. It's the same as the bin Bannan threads before. He's good, he just doesn't fit our team. I'd have bit your hand off for him last season but we have better available this season.

Why has Barry Bannan, the club captain been slapped down and made to play DM but Gregory got a free pass and a formation change?

Why did we not try anyone else up front.

Berahino, Oxford second half, more chances than any half bar the second v Plymouth. Why go back to Gregory after that. Everything people were asking for happened, the wide play, the pace, the attacking mindset, it was all there.

Berahino has played since, against Mansfield, and was awful, for all the chances we created 2nd half against Oxford, we scored 1, and lost, Berahino was wasteful, something you have been critical of Gregory for. Berahino came on up front on Saturday, missed one good chance and in his time on the pitch we lost 1-0. I don't know why you see him as a better option based on one half of decent movement against Oxford. 

On 18/10/2021 at 07:46, N0rtherner said:

image.png.c0fba20fb6f45110eb219d4a8f836382.png

I think people have just got to the point they moan about poor performances and being disappointed with lost points, etc. and honestly that's fair. But we've come away from Wimbledon by going to joint 6th and this alleged weak defence have conceded 3rd least goals in the league... Our biggest weakness I would say is midfield and offense squandering far too many chances to bury games. Watching so many of these games where we hang on to a nailbiting one goal lead and set ourselves up for a sucker punch towards the end, and in several games we should have been finished with the game after 60 minutes and being 3-4 goals up.

Gregory is starting to get there, getting himself in position and "scoring at will".. but the others like Paterson, Berahino, Adeniran, etc. need to calm down and be cooler and more clinical in their finishing.

To clarify, I’m not saying the defence is bad. On the contrary, in general it’s pretty good, most of the time we can keep teams out well. 

But it seems like in every game there’s a point where suddenly the performance drops right off across the team and then yes, we really are easy to score against, we concede some of the softest goals you’ll see.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Berahino has played since, against Mansfield, and was awful, for all the chances we created 2nd half against Oxford, we scored 1, and lost, Berahino was wasteful, something you have been critical of Gregory for. Berahino came on up front on Saturday, missed one good chance and in his time on the pitch we lost 1-0. I don't know why you see him as a better option based on one half of decent movement against Oxford. 

It wasn't Berahino, it was the movement, the threat.

The threat of pace opens up the pitch, moves the defence back. It's the one thing we lack, that the other top teams have.

We were getting space everywhere, not just Berahino. We also were on the front foot, as they were further back.

Yes, we got caught out, but we were much the better team and created more than at any time before bar one.