View from a Wimbledon Fan

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

Had a pint with a colleague of mine who supports Wimbledon.  

He said we were the best team they have played this season and we were a constant threat - they haven’t been undone as much by anyone as much as we did.  

Said we couldn’t finish them off and wasted tons of chances. 

He thought Bannan and Gregory were too good for this league and we used Hunt well. 

Also said that we were really disorganised at the back and it was clear that his team were targeting our LB (Brown).  

He said our centre backs were very poor with the ball and looked like bambi on ice…

He couldn’t believe we didn’t shut up shop towards the end.  Felt like we wanted to score a third but that left us exposed for them to equalise.  Apparently Wimbledon have really struggled against teams who go defensive so thinks we threw away the win. 

Did your mate miss when the mighty Rotherham beat them 3-0 recently and had more shots on goal than we did? 

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

He said we were the best team they have played this season and we were a constant threat - they haven’t been undone as much by anyone as much as we did.  

He thought Bannan and Gregory were too good for this league and we used Hunt well. 

Also said that we were really disorganised at the back and it was clear that his team were targeting our LB (Brown).  

He said our centre backs were very poor with the ball and looked like bambi on ice…

He couldn’t believe we didn’t shut up shop towards the end.  Felt like we wanted to score a third but that left us exposed for them to equalise.  Apparently Wimbledon have really struggled against teams who go defensive so thinks we threw away the win. 

Think your mate was spot on with his assessment of us 

Completely nailed it 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cockers said:

A fair assessment - a good post. 
There’s so much hysteria amongst entitled Wednesday supporters. We’ll be there or thereabouts. Certainly in the play offs. But there are weaknesses in the squad, as highlighted by your colleague which we need to work on. 

Which Mr Moore and his staff need to work on at periodic times during the week known as training sessions. These players may have been around a bit but they shouldn’t consider themselves the finished article…every day’s a learning day as the old folk are liable to say.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Shows the gulf between our squad's individual quality and collective mentality. We can play better than pretty much any team in this league if we want but we can't sustain it and once we drop off we're so easy to score against.

Easy to score against as you say, yet we have the third best defence in the league 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Easy to score against as you say, yet we have the third best defence in the league 🤔

image.png.c0fba20fb6f45110eb219d4a8f836382.png

I think people have just got to the point they moan about poor performances and being disappointed with lost points, etc. and honestly that's fair. But we've come away from Wimbledon by going to joint 6th and this alleged weak defence have conceded 3rd least goals in the league... Our biggest weakness I would say is midfield and offense squandering far too many chances to bury games. Watching so many of these games where we hang on to a nailbiting one goal lead and set ourselves up for a sucker punch towards the end, and in several games we should have been finished with the game after 60 minutes and being 3-4 goals up.

Gregory is starting to get there, getting himself in position and "scoring at will".. but the others like Paterson, Berahino, Adeniran, etc. need to calm down and be cooler and more clinical in their finishing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bez said:

Stop it you happy clapper you will be accused of being like Sammy the Sealion (other sea mammals are available to avoid offense to seals and Walrus's)

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

image.png.c0fba20fb6f45110eb219d4a8f836382.png

I think people have just got to the point they moan about poor performances and being disappointed with lost points, etc. and honestly that's fair. But we've come away from Wimbledon by going to joint 6th and this alleged weak defence have conceded 3rd least goals in the league... Our biggest weakness I would say is midfield and offense squandering far too many chances to bury games. Watching so many of these games where we hang on to a nailbiting one goal lead and set ourselves up for a sucker punch towards the end, and in several games we should have been finished with the game after 60 minutes and being 3-4 goals up.

Gregory is starting to get there, getting himself in position and "scoring at will".. but the others like Paterson, Berahino, Adeniran, etc. need to calm down and be cooler and more clinical in their finishing.

Peterson and Adeniran are already more clinical than Gregory. Berahino's not far off. Kamberi's the same, or better if you count the Pizza cup.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, sexpistol said:

The overreactions on this site if we don’t win are ridiculous at times. 

I disagree slightly there. It’s not that we haven’t won. Although I grant you there is an element who think we should steamroll everyone we play. 

Many cases are derived from our seemingly lack of ability to hang onto leads, and like Saturday just throw them away. It leads to frustration and lashing out because time after time it simply repeats itself. 

We’ have no God given right to beat sides, but no one can tell me that at 2  nil,  most sides would not go on to win.

I actually told my lad at 2 nil we could end up drawing, or worse loose it. 

I wonder what the odds were for the draw at 2-0. Might have to start looking. 😂

• Like 3