10 Years Ago Today

It was 10 years ago today that I officially signed over my shares in SWFC to a certain Mr Milan Mandarić.

Granted, my shares weren’t really worth anything of value except for the sentimental value, and it was more of a token gesture in the gram scheme of things, but it changed the course of history of the club and in my opinion it still feels worth it 10 years later. 

Sure the t’owd gentleman made a bob or two out of us and I don’t begrudge him that at all. He kept to his promise, left us into much better shape than when he arrived and that particular promotion year (5 points clear, 2 game in hand, the derby they could afford to lose, you have the attendances and we will have promotion, you have the derby wins and we will have promotion... and the best of all the lot ‘Mind the Gap’) will live long in the memories of many Wednesdayites as one of the best seasons watching out great club.....  the tear in his eye on promotion day showed that it meant as much to him as it did he to us. It’s going to be a while before we see all four sides of our historic stadium bouncing together again.

Thanks for the memories Milan.... shame Mr Chansiri won’t pick up the phone and give you a call 

WAWAW

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Worst thing Milan did was sell our club to the charlatan we’ve got now

I could picture MM sat in a Eastern European mountain hideaway..drinking the finest wines and smoking the most expensive Cuban cigars..like a James Bond villain..toasting dc for partin wi 37 million for the basket case that is swfc