Positives vs Negatives

I'm not going to take Preston into account in this as Pulis had been hear two days, we still had suspensions and injuries carried over from Monks tenure and Windass got a red after ten minutes throwing any possible game plan out of the window.

POSITIVES:

- Westwood and Wildsmith battling it out for the number one spot. 

- A fresh start for Odubajo, who looks to have grown in confidence.

- Lees & Borner partnership.

- A bit more bite in midfield which Pelupessy especislly seems to be benefiting from.

- Reach in a natural position.

- Hard to break down.

- Cutting out mistakes.

- Three draws and a very unlucky loss today against teams currently sat in the top five.

- Still giving the time of day to youth if he thinks they are good enough.

NEGATIVES:

- Lack of forward quality.

- Red Cards.

- Izzy Brown not favoured. 

Personally, this shows a lot of steps forward for me and that on a fair reflection, despite having not yet picked up a win, the positives heavily out favour the negatives. We can't look past Swansea, Stoke, Reading and Norwich all being in the top five. Come January, if backed by chansiri, I feel we are only a hand full of players away from a team easily capable of mid table or higher. An out and out left back, a right winger and two strikers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Al98 said:

I'm not going to take Preston into account in this as Pulis had been hear two days, we still had suspensions and injuries carried over from Monks tenure and Windass got a red after ten minutes throwing any possible game plan out of the window.

POSITIVES:

- Westwood and Wildsmith battling it out for the number one spot. 

- A fresh start for Odubajo, who looks to have grown in confidence.

- Lees & Borner partnership.

- A bit more bite in midfield which Pelupessy especislly seems to be benefiting from.

- Reach in a natural position.

- Hard to break down.

- Cutting out mistakes.

- Three draws and a very unlucky loss today against teams currently sat in the top five.

- Still giving the time of day to youth if he thinks they are good enough.

NEGATIVES:

- Lack of forward quality.

- Red Cards.

- Izzy Brown not favoured. 

Personally, this shows a lot of steps forward for me and that on a fair reflection, despite having not yet picked up a win, the positives heavily out favour the negatives. We can't look past Swansea, Stoke, Reading and Norwich all being in the top five. Come January, if backed by chansiri, I feel we are only a hand full of players away from a team easily capable of mid table or higher. An out and out left back, a right winger and two strikers.

Since his arrival the fixtures have been packed so no chance to do near enough work required to implement changes but still there’s been an improvement. 

Showing more spirit, defending as a unit, holding lines well and starting to do more when going forward.

Okay, counter attacking might not be completely exciting for the observer but more direct and purposeful with them.

He’s doing what he can to get through this fixture pile up and I think it’s a commendable effort with the player availability and opponent quality...

• Like 1

The positives I would put forward are

1.  A much improved borner and lees

2.  Great interviews

3.  Some good periods of football v swans, reading , Norwich.

4.  Improved form and crossing from Adam reach.

negatives

1.  Recalling Westwood leading to defeat against Preston 

2.  Rarely touching the football in most matches

3. No wins

4.  Less than a goal a game

5. Less than a point a game 

6.  Odd subs 

7.  Falling out with our only striker Jordan rhodes

8.  Throwing away the game today late on

9.  Red cards.

10.  Keeps playing the hapless van aken.

11. Keeps saying we can’t succeed without more strikers. What if we don’t sign who he wants ?

12.  Hasn’t cut our mistakes like the marking vs reading and howler v Preston NE

• Like 2