Guess the player

torry , can you remember which manager it was in the 50/60s who complained about the vile abuse players were getting from the terraces on the North side and couldn’t wait for the new stand to be built as it might stop them ?

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

torry , can you remember which manager it was in the 50/60s who complained about the vile abuse players were getting from the terraces on the North side and couldn’t wait for the new stand to be built as it might stop them ?

I dont mate I didnt start till 61/62 which was the first year of the cantilever....it could only though  have been  taylor or catterick as they were the only  2 managers we had in the 50s ....

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I dont mate I didnt start till 61/62 which was the first year of the cantilever....it could only though  have been  taylor or catterick as they were the only  2 managers we had in the 50s ....

I thought it was Eric Taylor 

I was searching to find it and I came across a thread on here from about 12 years ago where you and a few others were debating his legacy .

I got the impression you’d been going a few years before me 

I started in 61 too 

Any knowledge or opinions I have about the years  before that come exclusively from my dad 

2 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Charlie Williamson , Mel Sterlsnd , Dave Cusack ? 

Two of them mate yes, the caption doesn't mention Dave Cusack so I cant say he's on the pic or not. There is one other who is mentioned though.

15 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Two of them mate yes, the caption doesn't mention Dave Cusack so I cant say he's on the pic or not. There is one other who is mentioned though.

Carl Shutt might be the one iI thought was Dave Cusack 

Kneeling second right 

14 minutes ago, torryowl said:

grant ,sterland struggling for a third 

Its Mel Sterland,Carl Shutt and Charlie Williamson according to the photo caption,haven't got a full line up.

Just now, REDOWL said:

Its Mel Sterland,Carl Shutt and Charlie Williamson according to the photo caption,haven't got a full line up.

can see williamson and shutt now theyve been pointed out so probably wrong about grant coz youd think he would be mentioned if there ..also thought the lad middle front was brian strutt .

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Took some finding,I reckon we might have a similar programme collection.

Thought some people might struggle with one of these guys 

35 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Took some finding,I reckon we might have a similar programme collection.

Mine started proper with this gem from 

my first match though I’ve got a fair few from the 50s that were my dads 

Theyre mostly from then up to the 80sIMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.459b094b880659ba91d029433492aa22.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Mine started proper with this gem from 

my first match though I’ve got a fair few from the 50s that were my dads 

Theyre mostly from then up to the 80sIMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.459b094b880659ba91d029433492aa22.jpeg

The earliest I have is the first game I went to with my  dad which was v Manchester City on March 9th 1963. We beat then 4-1 with a hat trick from David Layne and Colin Dobson chipping in with another. Several more of  games that I wasnt at but collected them anyway. A good source of information for these type of quiz questions. 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Your not wrong .....bolder & Cox  and I'll  have a stab at redfearn 

Yep David Redfern 

Being given lessons by Gordon Banks