Guess the player

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Read his wiki page and you'll find out why  ...  .and like you I thought he was a good player if only coz he flattened di canio in the league cup win at west ham   .

Interesting read , mate 

I vaguely remember seeing him play later on in his career and he’d clapped weight on.

A talented player for all that 

16 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

My first thought was Alan Thompson on a really bad hair day 

I've just looked in the programme I took the photo from (v Blackpool on 28th February 1973) and Alan Thompson played in that match although the programme says it is David Sunley. I reckon you are right and it's maybe  an error in the programme. Apologies for any confusion. 

IMG_20240312_112315.jpg

IMG_20240312_111548.jpg

11 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

I've just looked in the programme I took the photo from (v Blackpool on 28th February 1973) and Alan Thompson played in that match although the programme says it is David Sunley. I reckon you are right and it's maybe  an error in the programme. Apologies for any confusion. 

IMG_20240312_112315.jpg

IMG_20240312_111548.jpg

You’re right , Red .

No way that’s Dave Sunley .

Thats what you get when you only pay 7p for a programme !!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Out of interest these were the two teams for that game.

IMG_20240312_114555.jpg

Great memories of setting off on hopeful away days on the SUT then the reality of seeing Colin Prophet and Alan Thompson floundering in the mud at some godforsaken ground as an opposition striker popped one in the net 🙄

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

IMG_20240312_112315.jpg

IMG_20240312_111548.jpg

Only problem  with that is Thompson didnt play in the cup game so probably is sunley .

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Only problem  with that is Thompson didnt play in the cup game so probably is sunley .

Didn’t know that , torry , but studying the photo again I can remember Sunley now having a moustache and longer hair at one point.

You really should write a book , mate , your in depth knowledge of the club from back in the day is exceptional 

2 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Didn’t know that , torry , but studying the photo again I can remember Sunley now having a moustache and longer hair at one point.

You really should write a book , mate , your in depth knowledge of the club from back in the day is exceptional 

You think I knew that?.......I looked in bible .thompson didnt play in the blackpool  game either he was an unused sub . 

18 minutes ago, torryowl said:

You think I knew that?.......I looked in bible .thompson didnt play in the blackpool  game either he was an unused sub . 

No, mate, I knew you’d obviously looked that up. No one has that memory capacity.

Im always happy to be proved wrong. That’s the joy of quizzes like this. 
You’re learning something new all the time 

28 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

28 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Hope this helps the pic in the bottom left is of David Sunley.....looking  a lot like Alan Thompson maybe.👍

IMG_20240312_133154.jpg

4 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Hope this helps the pic in the bottom left is of David Sunley.....looking  a lot like Alan Thompson maybe.👍

IMG_20240312_133154.jpg

A less hairy Sunley with his less hairy mate ? Can you guess who it is ?

IMG_3763.jpeg