Derby County

51 minutes ago, doubleo said:

You’re right, but the reason they do it is so they can compete with the failed teams of the PL.  The root of the financial problems in the EFL, the parachute payments.

Some things are in your sphere of influence, some things are not.

The PL (a league Wednesday founded to get away from the pesky EFL), has its own rules.  By founding the PL, we made sure the rules were different or could be different in future.  It was for purely selfish reasons that the PL was formed, and now we are on the wrong end of that independence between the two leagues.  

What the EFL can do is change their own rules.   Clubs are the ones that can change those rules.  They can vote for all manner of things; such as caps on spending, caps on transfers.  Ask yourself why they haven't changed those rules?  Because, probably, they hope to reach the PL and should they be relegated (likely), they want to go straight back up.

The EFL, for all it's good/bad, is a  reflection on the makeup of its members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, doubleo said:

You’re right, but the reason they do it is so they can compete with the failed teams of the PL.  The root of the financial problems in the EFL, the parachute payments.

I agree to a point, but i think thats just becoming the default excuse for trying to bend the rules.

Not all teams promoted, our trampy neighbors being one blow millions and millions do they.

Edited by Bulgaria

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

Fine by me, as long as Hillsborough isn’t used in any way as security for the loan.

Would prefer that he used assets outside of SWFC for obvious reasons !

With 100 mill, we should be able to buy a few decent strikers for next season 

Erm....

• Haha 1

I don't really get this. Have they taken out a loan so they can pay bills? And the issue is that its against a stadium they don't own because they sold it to pay the bills?

Or have they taken a loan out to class it as income so they can spend it and not breach ffp? 

Either of the above 2 cases aren't as dodgy as a 3rd party paying Rooney's wages. I can't believe that was ever allowed. Surely an owner could get 15 companies to pay 15 players wages, thus negating ffp. 

Derby are looking proper dodgy recently, they're going to get away with all of it aren't they? 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Have they taken out a loan so they can pay bills? And the issue is that its against a stadium they don't own because they sold it to pay the bills?

As far as I've read, it's a loan, nothing else.  

It's probably secured, and as the ground isn't theirs then, they'll have other assets (training ground will be several acres I'm sure).  

My understanding though, is that a financial loan is not considered income for the purpose of FFP/P&S (happy to be corrected)

Edited by Manwë