Derby County

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Secured a loan against Pride Park to help them  through the pandemic. Daft question but I thought they had sold it?

Over to you Mr Parry.

I think it's Morris's way of getting his money out.

Interesting to see how EFL react though. Maybe we will soon have company at the bottom of the table.

Looks like its charged against everything, mentions a lot of property, the subsidiary companies, the shares. So be a cross guarantee - think it includes the company that bought the stadium and leases it to the football operating entity

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Looks ostensibly like they're sailing close to the wind to me. What do you think?

Lots of clubs will be resorting to desperate measures like that before too long.
No prospect of match day income, just a bit of tv money. Players wages to pay.

Many in the lower leagues will not survive.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Looks ostensibly like they're sailing close to the wind to me. What do you think?

Given they apparently borrowed the money to purchase the stadium, perhaps this is part of a re-finance as opposed to new money to fund day to day activities. 

But who knows 

As others have said be plenty of other clubs doing similar 

The initial purchase by Morris was financed from a very dodgy source from what I read. Maybe this came up in their hearing and they’ve had to find a more reputable source? Or maybe they are real trouble money wise. If nothing happens on this 2hat is to stop Mr C taking out a secured loan of 100 million and really going for it? 

Can you imagine how our six fingered sistershagging neighbours would react react to That!

There but the grace of God etc etc etc.... ( can i say God these days ?? )

Derby, another good club only wanting to improve, being shackled by the EFL....   a corrupt bunch of bent scumbags with no sense.

good luck to em, had some good away days there.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

There but the grace of God etc etc etc.... ( can i say God these days ?? )

Derby, another good club only wanting to improve, being shackled by the EFL....   a corrupt bunch of bent scumbags with no sense.

good luck to em, had some good away days there.

Derby have been in or around the play-offs over the years probably more than any other club currently in the Championship I reckon.  I'm not sure you can blame the 'bent' EFL for their still being in the Championship.

If 24 clubs in the Championship each put £50m a year in to their squads, still only 3 would be promoted.  3 would be relegated, and 18 would be also-rans.  For the 21 that don't succeed, they've spent £50m on nothing.  Do that year after year after year and you will have clubs that have spent hundreds of millions for mid-table second-tier football, or even for mid-table third-tier football.  As much as we'd love to say "oh, the owner pays for all this, no worries", something has to give and something would give. 

Every sport has rules.  It's only football (and rugby to a lesser extent) that insists it shouldn't be a sustainable sport.  Not for the benefit of the game or the clubs themselves, but not sustainable for the benefit of players and agents who really are the only ones that do well out of the massive increased in spending

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Derby have been in or around the play-offs over the years probably more than any other club currently in the Championship I reckon.  I'm not sure you can blame the 'bent' EFL for their still being in the Championship.

If 24 clubs in the Championship each put £50m a year in to their squads, still only 3 would be promoted.  3 would be relegated, and 18 would be also-rans.  For the 21 that don't succeed, they've spent £50m on nothing.  Do that year after year after year and you will have clubs that have spent hundreds of millions for mid-table second-tier football, or even for mid-table third-tier football.  As much as we'd love to say "oh, the owner pays for all this, no worries", something has to give and something would give. 

Every sport has rules.  It's only football (and rugby to a lesser extent) that insists it shouldn't be a sustainable sport.  Not for the benefit of the game or the clubs themselves, but not sustainable for the benefit of players and agents who really are the only ones that do well out of the massive increased in spending

You’re right, but the reason they do it is so they can compete with the failed teams of the PL.  The root of the financial problems in the EFL, the parachute payments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

The initial purchase by Morris was financed from a very dodgy source from what I read. Maybe this came up in their hearing and they’ve had to find a more reputable source? Or maybe they are real trouble money wise. If nothing happens on this 2hat is to stop Mr C taking out a secured loan of 100 million and really going for it? 

Can you imagine how our six fingered sistershagging neighbours would react react to That!

Fine by me, as long as Hillsborough isn’t used in any way as security for the loan.

Would prefer that he used assets outside of SWFC for obvious reasons !

With 100 mill, we should be able to buy a few decent strikers for next season 

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

I think without the curse of FFP Derby would be up already. They, like us, have just mismanaged it.

• Like 1