Steve Bruce - One Year Ago Today

Just now, striker said:

Opportunity missed, genuinly think we would have been top 6 at least.

Not because this squad is good enough, but he would have made more progress with necessary recruitment. Once he left, our preparations went into stasis in terms of recruiting and coaching. Bullen kept it ticking over, but with no real plan and our delay in appointing a manager effectively wasted the season. 

Not of our doing, but we didn't help ourselves when Bruce abandoned us. 

I'm not sure we'd have needed to recruit that much to make Top 6, I think Bruce would have just had that effect.

Your likes of Bielsa, Warnock, Wilder, Dyche and Bruce - they bring more to a club than the addition a few quality players do.

I hope one day we find someone like them who has that impact, or in Bruce's case, will actually stay with us.

9 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I'm not sure we'd have needed to recruit that much to make Top 6, I think Bruce would have just had that effect.

Your likes of Bielsa, Warnock, Wilder, Dyche and Bruce - they bring more to a club than the addition a few quality players do.

I hope one day we find someone like them who has that impact, or in Bruce's case, will actually stay with us.

I'm not sure, we (and Bruce) saw results slide towards the end of the season and certain players revert to type. He was very active, before the Newcastle link trying to move players out and recruit, if reports are to be believed.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2020 at 14:34, KivoOwl said:

Baffles me how people are still suprised that he left this absolute shitshow for his home town club in the Premier League.

exactly! he could see what was about to happen (and his hands were tied because of the embargo) ,the newcastle job was a  'gift from heaven' for him