Garry Monk Press Conference

247BE708-602C-48CE-AFCA-AEEDF0D14FF2.jpeg

Garry Monk says Julian Borner should be available for the weekend.

"Julian Borner should be fully recovered. He trained today and should train today.

GM: This period now is about recovery, we need to keep the players as fresh as we can. Julian should be fully recovered, he was in training yesterday and will also be today 

"Josh will hopefully be with us some point next week."

Owlstalk Shop

GM: The Wigan situation is something none of us want to see. I don't think we all really realised what possibly is coming. It can be a worry.

We're focusing on ourselves and the bigger picture is not knowing what's round the corner. Wigan won't be the last. Worrying times. 

Owlstalk Shop

Monk: “I think there will definitely be more situations like Wigan coming if this situation with revenue etc. continues.”

GM: It's too easy to say, well, the Premier League has all the money.

There will definitely be more Wigan situations coming with no revenue.

Owlstalk Shop

GM on WBA: The biggest difference was how clinical they were. And that freshness. Those factors played the biggest differences in that game.

If anything in the first half we edged them in terms of the balance of the game. We had opportunities.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GM: We've got four long away trips. There are protocols in place where we have to use two coaches. We'll travel down to Swansea tomorrow and prepare properly.

Don’t you mean three? You’ve already had one?

GM on Tom Lees: When we did the prep on Tuesday he felt his hamstring, scan came back clear.

We're dictated by Tom and how he feels.

We'll see if he's able to train this morning. We go by his symptoms and how he feels.

There's nothing clinically wrong with him.

Owlstalk Shop

GM on EFL case: No update, spoke to the club. I think it's just about completed of finishing off in terms of verdict, but I don't know when that might be.

I had the experience at BCFC so I'm not surprised (dragging on). I can't control any of that.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

GM on Tom Lees: When we did the prep on Tuesday he felt his hamstring, scan came back clear.

We're dictated by Tom and how he feels.

We'll see if he's able to train this morning. We go by his symptoms and how he feels.

There's nothing clinically wrong with him.

Is Lees one of the bad influences (sorry if i've missed something)? 

Strange he is stating injury, but medics say all clear.