Garry Monk Press Conference

2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Is Lees one of the bad influences (sorry if i've missed something)? 

Strange he is stating injury, but medics say all clear.

Surely he thought he had a hamstring and the medics said he didnt.

GM on Brewster: They've got good ability in that team, offensively especially. Overall defensively we've done very well. It was only that first decision with the penalty really. In terms of consistency we've been very good. Swansea have a good ability.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Surely he thought he had a hamstring and the medics said he didnt.

hmmmm

I think you know when you pull your hamstring, it really hurts - Obviously Lee's has had a very, very, very mild case of hamstring injury that hasn't been detected by medical equipment or medical professionals.

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

hmmmm

I think you know when you pull your hamstring, it really hurts - Obviously Lee's has had a very, very, very mild case of hamstring injury that hasn't been detected by medical equipment or medical professionals.

I am sure Monk's plan was pretend Lees is injured and put Odubajo at left centre back.

WTF:

Garry Monk: “I deserved criticism in that last period, and I can take that on the chin...

If I can mould this squad and have time, then we can have a team to be proud of.”

"But I always come fighting back.

"I have trust in myself and given time we will have a team to be proud of."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, Jim said:

Don’t you mean three? You’ve already had one?

It's the weird footballer's tense, present-past.

Post match interviews with comments like 'Ive put the cross in and Jimmy has risen well' or 'I'm running at the defender and he's hacked me legs' etc.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

we need to hit the ground running.

Something Wednesday (whoever is in charge) says every pre-season, with a cunning masterplan to ensure it happens.

Then the season starts and reality hits us.  We're woeful at season start time, year after year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I am sure Monk's plan was pretend Lees is injured and put Odubajo at left centre back.

WTF:

You assume I'm moaning about Monk - when in fact I am questioning the attitude of another player not wanting to play.

You should not jump to conclusions so fast, it could make you look foolish. Now where's that 'Blakey' emoji when you need it!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk: “I deserved criticism in that last period, and I can take that on the chin...

If I can mould this squad and have time, then we can have a team to be proud of.”

"But I always come fighting back.

"I have trust in myself and given time we will have a team to be proud of."

There's that word again, given time. He's said it a few times. I do wonder what the situation is with that. 

Will his contract be reviewed at the season end?

Will it depend on what league we're playing in?

Does he know something about the verdict, but is bound by club rules?

All speculation of course, 

• Like 1

Just now, marshy said:

There's that word again, given time. He's said it a few times. I do wonder what the situation is with that. 

Will his contract be reviewed at the season end?

Will it depend on what league we're playing in?

Does he know something about the verdict, but is bound by club rules?

All speculation of course, 

That's what I took from this press conference to mate

He dropped that in a few times

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's what I took from this press conference to mate

He dropped that in a few times

ive noticed that myself. I am starting to wonder if DC is planning a new start after this court case. Hopefully stay up, clear the decks with regards to the playing staff and then a new managerial staff, new budget and have another go FFP allowing.

5 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

You assume I'm moaning about Monk - when in fact I am questioning the attitude of another player not wanting to play.

You should not jump to conclusions so fast, it could make you look foolish. Now where's that 'Blakey' emoji when you need it!!!

What has Lees ever done here to have his professionalism questioned though.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

What has Lees ever done here to have his professionalism questioned though.

That's exactly the point, it's a very strange call for a player to state injury, be completely overruled by the club medics, then called out by the manager. There are some very odd things happening with certain players. If it had been Hutchinson or Westwood, I think we would all just think 'that's the attitudes of the players' (as they have previous history of it with us), but Lees?????? Very odd.