Garry Monk Press Conference

12 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

That's exactly the point, it's a very strange call for a player to state injury, be completely overruled by the club medics, then called out by the manager. There are some very odd things happening with certain players. If it had been Hutchinson or Westwood, I think we would all just think 'that's the attitudes of the players' (as they have previous history of it with us), but Lees?????? Very odd. 

He said this earlier looks more like a misunderstanding to me.

20200703_174126.jpg

Guest LondonOwl313
27 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

He said this earlier looks more like a misunderstanding to me.

20200703_174126.jpg

If it's a muscle scan then that's only to see if there's a tear or anything like that... which would be a more serious injury.

Just because the scan comes back clear it doesn't mean that there's no injury at all and that the medics and/or manager are accusing the player of making it up. The muscle just might not feel right and need rest, something only the player can say whether it's ok or not.

So I think he's basically saying the injury isn't serious but they're waiting for Lees to say he's fit to play. No conspiracy or calling anyone out there I don't think.

3 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

That's exactly the point, it's a very strange call for a player to state injury, be completely overruled by the club medics, then called out by the manager. There are some very odd things happening with certain players. If it had been Hutchinson or Westwood, I think we would all just think 'that's the attitudes of the players' (as they have previous history of it with us), but Lees?????? Very odd. 

Suppose you have to wonder if he’s taken being dropped badly, him being captain and all.
Tom Lees would be the last player I would have imagined spitting his dummy in the dirt though.

Lets just take it at face value for now. Could just be a minor muscle strain insufficient to show on scans. If so he’ll be back in the squad pronto.