BRISTOL CITY 1 : 2 SWFC - Garry Monk Post Match Press

Just now, new zealand owl said:

It's funny isn't when we win a game you actually realise we have some good players at this level:

Borner

Iorfa

Bannan

Luongo

Lee

Wickham

These are the first 6 that came into my head and reinforces what I was thinking watching the game back.....the spine of the team is decent.

Fair play to monk, to go 3-3-2 down the centre of the pitch is basically putting round pegs in round holes.

The only concern is when we come against top quality wide players and those who provide good quality balls in the box. I suspect we will get tested by this method on Wednesday

Agreed

I also think that we're currently playing our best players in the best lineup and that the real test will also be when we have to rely on the second string and backups to start games in the coming weeks

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

I also think that we're currently playing our best players in the best lineup and that the real test will also be when we have to rely on the second string and backups to start games in the coming weeks

I think the real test will be his summer transfers. He's making the right noises about younger more dynamic players. Lets hope he brings the right ones in.

9 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

It's funny isn't when we win a game you actually realise we have some good players at this level:

Borner

Iorfa

Bannan

Luongo

Lee

Wickham

These are the first 6 that came into my head and reinforces what I was thinking watching the game back.....the spine of the team is decent.

Fair play to monk, to go 3-3-2 down the centre of the pitch is basically putting round pegs in round holes.

The only concern is when we come against top quality wide players and those who provide good quality balls in the box. I suspect we will get tested by this method on Wednesday

Yeah, we will get a better understanding of where we stand, will be sort of happy with a draw. Hope we don't park the bus and rely on break aways and mistakes. 

We need to make sure we keep the ball, we gave it away to easily at times on Sunday.  One of those games where just about any result wouldn't surprise you. 

• Like 1