BRISTOL CITY 1 : 2 SWFC - Garry Monk Post Match Press

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GM on Morgan Fox: "I have loved working with him. I am hugely disappointed that he is not staying here. It is sad to lose him. I will be trying to persuade him on the bus journey home to extend at least!"

All the managers he's played under have had nothing but praise for his proffesionalism. A model pro. 

Managers like players like that about the place. 

Given he is leaving and looking for another club it wouldn't have been surprising if he'd 'knocked' today . That he didn't I think says says a lot about him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's good to hear that from Monk.

Even though it looks like Fox has chosen not to stay for the remainder of the season (which is a farcical position for clubs to be put in, but that's a different conversation for a different thread), the manager's still full of praise for him, which I think speaks volumes about him as a professional.

Absolutely. We simply have to learn from this. Players leaving for nothing. Clearly you can't force anyone to sign, but it just seems poor management to me.

Lad did well today.

Anyhow, what's the crack with Tom Lees then?

8 minutes ago, marshy said:

Absolutely. We simply have to learn from this. Players leaving for nothing. Clearly you can't force anyone to sign, but it just seems poor management to me.

Lad did well today.

Anyhow, what's the crack with Tom Lees then?

I suspect there are some other reasons Fox might want a new start elsewhere. 

I wouldn't blame him.

• Like 2

Will take the 3pts all day long but we still show the same couple of things that have made us look vulnerable all season:

1. We give the Ball away far too easily and cheaply.

2. We can’t clear our lines. We have zero aerial dominance at the back and look shaky every time a ball is hit towards our box or crossed in.

Their goal today- 4 headers in our box and we didn’t get close to winning one of them!

Really positive 20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half then I’m not sure what the players had to drink at the drinks break but we weren’t the same after it!

35 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's good to hear that from Monk.

Even though it looks like Fox has chosen not to stay for the remainder of the season (which is a farcical position for clubs to be put in, but that's a different conversation for a different thread), the manager's still full of praise for him, which I think speaks volumes about him as a professional.

That has never been in doubt for me. Fox is a consummate professional and how he has reacted to been vilified by the boo boys shows what a good character he is. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Will take the 3pts all day long but we still show the same couple of things that have made us look vulnerable all season:

1. We give the Ball away far too easily and cheaply.

2. We can’t clear our lines. We have zero aerial dominance at the back and look shaky every time a ball is hit towards our box or crossed in.

Their goal today- 4 headers in our box and we didn’t get close to winning one of them!

Really positive 20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half then I’m not sure what the players had to drink at the drinks break but we weren’t the same after it!

There goal today was a blatant foul on Iorfa, no blame to the player just the crap officials for not seeing it.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GM on the loan players: "I am told that everything will be finalised tomorrow. Everything has been clarified with the league."

Oh no. You do realise ‘the League’ will retrospectively change their ruling and charge the club with misconduct.