BRISTOL CITY 1 : 2 SWFC - Garry Monk Post Match Press

Just now, Blatter said:

Oh no. You do realise ‘the League’ will retrospectively change their ruling and charge the club with misconduct. 

I do find it worrying we've had to clear it with the EFL 

Wonder why? Are we under some kind of embargo?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I do find it worrying we've had to clear it with the EFL 

Wonder why? Are we under some kind of embargo?

Puzzled by that myself. Thought it was clear all this had to be settled by Thursday 25th.

Unless he was referring to our returning loan players where the wording of the rules was rather confusing.

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Rightly so too

So, lets get this right,

its ok for the Manager to slag players off, but not the fans.

Okidoki.

Edited by daleblue

Just now, daleblue said:

So, lets get this right,

its ok for the Manager to slag players off, but not the fans.

Okidoki.

You seem to be all angsty today mate are you ok?

Monk's not slagged the players off like our fans do has he?

Or has he?

I'm confused - shall we both watch the video again and see?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You seem to be all angsty today mate are you ok?

Monk's not slagged the players off like our fans do has he?

Or has he?

I'm confused - shall we both watch the video again and see?

No angst here, just giving the other side a bit of air time, just like things, (even -  stevens),

I think too many people get hung up by posts or posters that are not in the same flow, it is after all a forum where people

post their take on subjects,

mines not to reason why.

Could performance today and had the strikers been more clinical, we’d have been well away to a win a lot earlier. 

That Stanton interview doesn’t leave me with confidence, the way Monk manufacturers fractures in the team. 

Get rid. 

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

Maybe but Iorfa is what 6’4” standing up but 5’ 7” when he jumps!

I like Iorfa and think he can improve into a great CB ... He does however get caught under the ball a lot and that's not good with crosses coming in.

Doesn't dominate aerial battles for a man of his size

2 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Will take the 3pts all day long but we still show the same couple of things that have made us look vulnerable all season:

1. We give the Ball away far too easily and cheaply.

2. We can’t clear our lines. We have zero aerial dominance at the back and look shaky every time a ball is hit towards our box or crossed in.

Their goal today- 4 headers in our box and we didn’t get close to winning one of them!

Really positive 20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half then I’m not sure what the players had to drink at the drinks break but we weren’t the same after it!

On the upside we won at least 1 at other end:ghoulguy:

39 minutes ago, Gib said:

Same as our first goal blocking their defender to give Wickham a free header.  We just take the rough with the smooth.  Sometimes the decisions go for us, and sometimes against.  It was one each today and fortunately the better side went onto get 3 points

Do you think we committed a foul in the run up to the goal? Their player couldn't get past our 2 and his own teammate. 3 men in the way and he had no way through. Never been a foul. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gib said:

Same as our first goal blocking their defender to give Wickham a free header.  We just take the rough with the smooth.  Sometimes the decisions go for us, and sometimes against.  It was one each today and fortunately the better side went onto get 3 points

Our first goal was players starting in a line, Baker should have been in front of his man, not behind and got found out when Wickham moved.

Their goal consisted of a shove in the back of Iorfa.

Not sure how the two are the same, one is poor defending the other is a foul?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GMOwl72 said:

Will take the 3pts all day long but we still show the same couple of things that have made us look vulnerable all season:

1. We give the Ball away far too easily and cheaply.

2. We can’t clear our lines. We have zero aerial dominance at the back and look shaky every time a ball is hit towards our box or crossed in.

Their goal today- 4 headers in our box and we didn’t get close to winning one of them!

Really positive 20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half then I’m not sure what the players had to drink at the drinks break but we weren’t the same after it!

I couldn’t disagree more with this, sorry GMOwl! I thought we have knocked it around very well against two supposedly ‘footballing sides’ in Forest and Bristol and kept the ball better than both. I also thought we defended well and the only reason we didn’t keep a clean sheet was because their striker clearly pushed Iorfa who would have dealt with the situation.

we’re far from the finished article but we are looking better than most Championship sides I’ve seen post lockdown.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

I couldn’t disagree more with this, sorry GMOwl! I thought we have knocked it around very well against two supposedly ‘footballing sides’ in Forest and Bristol and kept the ball better than both. I also thought we defended well and the only reason we didn’t keep a clean sheet was because their striker clearly pushed Iorfa who would have dealt with the situation.

we’re far from the finished article but we are looking better than most Championship sides I’ve seen post lockdown.

No need to apologise mate, football is all about opinions and I sure we can agree to disagree on these points.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's funny isn't when we win a game you actually realise we have some good players at this level:

Borner

Iorfa

Bannan

Luongo

Lee

Wickham

These are the first 6 that came into my head and reinforces what I was thinking watching the game back.....the spine of the team is decent.

Fair play to monk, to go 3-3-2 down the centre of the pitch is basically putting round pegs in round holes.

The only concern is when we come against top quality wide players and those who provide good quality balls in the box. I suspect we will get tested by this method on Wednesday

• Love 1