2 up front v Barnsley ?

I like this formation or the 4231 which is similar. Most of our goal threat comes from those in between areas from FF, Lee, Reach, Joao and now also wide from Harris. So it gets as many as those in the team. Just makes life difficult for Rhodes as Winnall especially who rely on a 2.

41 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Barnsley are no mugs, they've got a very good manager who's got them playing a good high tempo pressing football, with young hungry players. I think there's a good chance they'll stay up quite comfortably, people looking at this as an easy game are going to be mistaken. Definitely going to need the extra legs in midfield.

I agree with most of that.  What I have noticed is that last year's barnsley side thrived on short fast passes (primarily in midfield) and then when the players were all compressed they knocked one long or over the top (virtually out of the blue).  They were obviously well drilled in this because it was usual that someone (atleast) got on the end of these variations in play.  One way to deal with this is not to compress the play too much and at Hillsborough I think this tends to happen anyway due to the expanse.  Of course I haven't seen barnsley this year so I'm assuming they will play a similar way.  Very impressed with Barnsley last year btw.

Barnsley will be no pushovers. A) its a derby so they will be up for it, B) they are buoyant from promotion and an opening day win and C) they play some good football.

Im expecting a tight one and we might need to start as we did at Reading to try and make sure we dont let them control the middle of the pitch.