2 up front v Barnsley ?

43 minutes ago, BrainJoicey said:

Fletcher on his own up front today. I'm guessing Bully will start with 2 up front at home next week. So firstly who is left out from today and who comes in ? Great to make a positive start today, let's enjoy and build on today's win........

Hutch's interview said he'd changed it so I think he'll keep it.

46 minutes ago, BrainJoicey said:

Fletcher on his own up front today. I'm guessing Bully will start with 2 up front at home next week. So firstly who is left out from today and who comes in ? Great to make a positive start today, let's enjoy and build on today's win........

same team as today , just push Harris and Reach into a front three. 

32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I would leave it be.

Harris was a constant threat. He will see even more ball at home.

Reach was quiet but his link play with Lee looks really promising.

Playing three across the middle allowed Bannan and especially Lee forward.

Three goals away from home. Why change?

This. I guess the only thing I'd be considering is Fletch's importance over the season i.e resting him on occasion and need to involve the Joao that played today.

Joao breaks my heart, the kid that turned up and played today walks into any team and is worth a small fortune, the importance of consistency, application and attitude....

Edited by Morepork

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Watched Barnsley today, and they quite surprised me playing high pressing from 1'st minute and did it great. 

We need to counter this, and it will be hard to do playing with 4 man midfield.

Maybe that's how Barnsley play at home only though. Unbeaten there under Stendel. Whereas we set up how we did away. Both teams might approach next week in a different way. We could go 4-4-2 with just a subtle change. 

Barnsley are no mugs, they've got a very good manager who's got them playing a good high tempo pressing football, with young hungry players. I think there's a good chance they'll stay up quite comfortably, people looking at this as an easy game are going to be mistaken. Definitely going to need the extra legs in midfield.

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

Barnsley are no mugs, they've got a very good manager who's got them playing a good high tempo pressing football, with young hungry players. I think there's a good chance they'll stay up quite comfortably, people looking at this as an easy game are going to be mistaken. Definitely going to need the extra legs in midfield.

Yep. We need 3 in midfield every game in my opinion.

Think you’re stuck in the era of fixed formations.

Modern football is more fluid. 

Bully has set up a flexible 4-3-3 with Fletcher the focal point with two wide players who have the additional responsibility to stretch opponents defence to cover the full width and also link with our full backs.

Hutch is dropping into defence when the full backs push on and we are difficult to play against. whilst we can keep Hutch Lee and Bannan fit and firing. Stick with it but bring in those reinforcements.

23 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

In that case, maybe we deploy the 4-5-3 system 

Nailed on to win with that formation