Soft Embrago

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

If we sign that trialist we have, then we only really need additional cover at centre half then we’re done

We'll still need a tougher hard tackling box to box midfielder in my opinion.  The trialist is more in the mould of Bannan so I would have thought if we signed him he'd be cover for Bannan or give us the option of playing Bannan further forward where he should be playing in my opinion.

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think that's pretty harsh tbh.

Firstly, we do have a right sided player in Harris/Reach. The likes of Lee, Bannan, Nando etc., can do a job outwide too if called upon.

Thorniley didn't get a look in because why would he with how Lees and Hector were playing? Borner is a new addition and JVA is basically a new one. Perhaps give them a chance before writing them off?

Yes, we probably do need to offload a couple in order to rebalance the squad.

Ideally, I'd like to see two or three more additions.

Still - there's plenty of talent in the squad as it stands. Perhaps try and look at the positives for once, rather than always looking to criticise.

Would you not say Reach and Harris are both left sided players not right midfielders

We have players that can cover roles, but we need players that play those roles week in week out, with other to cover if need not a utility player covering a main role.

A good example of this when Reach played in the attacking midfielder role last season he was much more productive for us in creating and scoring goals when we played him left back or wing back he struggled to perform and drifted in and out of the games - good once or twice but not consistently. 

As for Thorniley I do think there is a decent player in there but the lad was not even getting on the bench with the likes of Pudil preferred to him, Bullen was a coach under Bruce and he never got any game time even when Lees or Hector were unviable, so why will he suddenly become a first team regular and his lack of game time over the last 6-12 months could affect his form too.