Soft Embrago

This time last week Mr Biggs suggested we would be out of the soft embargo imminently. 

Still does not seem to be the case. Appreciate DCs had a bit on this week, but it’s imperative we get out of any sanctions now and appoint a manager who can get us out of this division. 

Nightmare for me is Lee Bullen given the gig, embargo lifted 2 days before deadline day and we sign leftovers on loan from PL clubs. 

4 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

This time last week Mr Biggs suggested we would be out of the soft embargo imminently. 

Still does not seem to be the case. Appreciate DCs had a bit on this week, but it’s imperative we get out of any sanctions now and appoint a manager who can get us out of this division. 

Nightmare for me is Lee Bullen given the gig, embargo lifted 2 days before deadline day and we sign leftovers on loan from PL clubs. 

So..DC hasn't informed you directly so from that you think we might not be able to start the season with any New players...okaaaaaaay 

• Haha 4

Can’t see beyond Bullen at the moment, he knows the squad, he knows the tactics, and he presumably knows our transfer targets, if and when any embargo is lifted. Then factor in any potential case we have against Newcastle, presumably that would be dependent on us not appointing a new manager. Looks to me that it will be Bullen’s job for a while yet

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

presumably that would be dependent on us not appointing a new manager

I think it would be wrong to presume we can’t appoint a manager due to any legal action against Bruce/Newcastle. Much more likely that we’re free to crack on now he’s taken another job without us being penalised (further) for his actions.

Guest mkowl

So if it has never been officially announced we are in one then why would it be announced we are out of one 

I know we want to hear everything but some business discussions are best heard behind closed doors

Why there is no point getting involved in the Bruce compensation aspect. Its in the hands of lawyers and this will be ringed with NDA' by the time it is settled 

14 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

Say hypothetically it had been lifted. How would you know that was the case?

6 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Might not be signing players due to having no manager..just a thought 

Opposite could also be true...might no longer have a manager because we can't sign players...

Edited by Beholder
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

I can think of several scenarios more nightmarish than the above. 

Thinking about it I actually wouldn't mind the above, it would mean we haven't rushed to get a successor for Bruce (if the right candidate isn't currently available) and loans from prem clubs not necessarily a bad thing - Hector springs to mind.

The embargo was supposedly issued because our accounts hadn't been lodged with Companies House by the due date.  As they have now been lodged you'd presume the embargo had been lifted.

We didn't receive official notification from the club that we had been placed under an embargo so I doubt we'll officially be told that it's been removed.

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

One for the bean counters:

As things stand would we be under an embargo next season if we did not sell any players?

Not necessarily, with the amount of wages  we got off the books with the released players and the compensation coming from Newcastle, I think it will be close but don’t think we’ll break it

Guest Kameron

Not been funny but how many more players are needed?? How many other championship clubs could rock up at Northampton with two separate coaches for the players.  We need to get a new guy in to Finish what Bruce had started to do, I still think we’ll see a few departures which will hopefully allow us to strengthen the midfield which is woefully short as it stands.

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

Not been funny but how many more players are needed?? How many other championship clubs could rock up at Northampton with two separate coaches for the players.  We need to get a new guy in to Finish what Bruce had started to do, I still think we’ll see a few departures which will hopefully allow us to strengthen the midfield which is woefully short as it stands.

I would imagine, only Hector, if possible, plus however many loans have been sanctioned

15 minutes ago, Sheffwed94 said:

Not necessarily, with the amount of wages  we got off the books with the released players and the compensation coming from Newcastle, I think it will be close but don’t think we’ll break it

Cheers mate. I think the above scenario will have a major bearing on how an attractive proposition we are to any potential manager.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Nobody will announce been out of an embargo just like nobody announced been in one 

The press did, so at some point, they will tell us we’re out of one Don’t expect the club to comment on this