Assessment of Today

54 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You just don't have a clue do you.

He can't even look Dawson in the eye. What captain does that? If he wasn't in the wrong he'd have told Dawson. Whether that's a comment that Lees is a poor leader I'm not sure.

Westwood also does that shouty thing if you watch. As does every player in fact.

He does but then looks away. 

Problem is, Westwood has credibility. It’s authentic. Dawson looks he’s doing it because he thinks he should be doing it.

I’m going to deal with the facts. Dawson played, we conceded three one of which was a mix up between him and a CH.

In the last three games he’s made errors leading to goals in 2 and kept a good clean sheet in the other.

I expect better, and therefore I believe he’s not ready for first team football at this level.

Edited by McRightSide

I think people are over complicating the goalkeeping situation.

Pretty obvious the reason we let fewer goals in when Westwood is in the net is because the ball is only in play for half of the time.

The time it takes Westwood to take a goal kick ............!

• Haha 2

My view for what its worth and you will know better than I do how you want to play this but  I thought the first half was utter dog s h i t e . Lees was appalling , Dawson gave the back 4 no confidence. Matias and Onomah looked like they had won a competition to play in a match at a Proper Football Stadium. 2-0 and we were lucky to get nil.

Second half all change - Bannan suddenly ran the show, Fletch properly up for it, Nando causing problems - even Joey having a decent 30 minutes or so.  We get a great goal back - we then press hard before conceding a shocking third (Christ knows how we managed to leave our entire right side free for their lad to run in - no one within 20 yards of him -and it all came from a simple punt up our left hand side from their keeper.

At this point I was resigned to yet another dismal away day at Deepdale (and under Carlos or Jos ihat would have been that) - but then Nuhiu comes on (not a substitution I would have gone with) and fair play to him after his initial Bambi on ice impression when he tackled himself trying to cut in from their right, he lays one on a plate for Nando and then gets the equasliser.

If Iorfa stayed on I think we would have won comfortably as they were shot at 3-3 but even with 10 i thought we were the most likely and Palmer and Joao should both be scoring those chances.

Best of all Kieron Lee gets back on the pitch.

So all in all a decent game loads of goals and upbeat for next season...

• Like 1