Assessment of Today

Thought Bruce set up wrong with 451 and Fessi out wide. 

What is clear is the backline to not listen or trust Dawson in anyway shape or form. Westwood is in the net and that 2nd goal doesn’t happen. The same thing happened in the 2nd half but with Hector, luckily they didn’t score from it. 

The team showed fight fight and we could have nicked it with Joaos header. 

All in all a good point

5 minutes ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

Thought Bruce set up wrong with 451 and Fessi out wide. 

What is clear is the backline to not listen or trust Dawson in anyway shape or form. Westwood is in the net and that 2nd goal doesn’t happen. The same thing happened in the 2nd half but with Hector, luckily they didn’t score from it. 

The team showed fight fight and we could have nicked it with Joaos header. 

All in all a good point

I actually prefer FF out wide with Fletch and Hooper up top with Fernando having license to drift in making him harder to mark.

12 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I actually prefer FF out wide with Fletch and Hooper up top with Fernando having license to drift in making him harder to mark.

That's fine but most opposing managers would just tell their RB to get forward at every opportunity. I'd hate to be a LB in our team on any day that happens.

26 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why Lees thought it best to head it there I don't know.

Dawson shouted and told Lees he did. All Lees fault that goal I'm afraid.

Do you really think Lees would have headed it if Dawson had have shouted?

Im guessing he either shouted too late or not loud enough.

30 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why Lees thought it best to head it there I don't know.

Dawson shouted and told Lees he did. All Lees fault that goal I'm afraid.

Just watched the replay.

Keepers fault 100%

Lees doesn’t know what’s behind him, he has to go for the ball. It’s pretty obvious the shout was too late.

Thought we were 2nd best for long periods in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd after bruce told em straight. Usually we are finished at 3-1 down but thought nuhiu earned his money today and changed the game. Disappointed joao didn't win it with that shot near the end although I also thought if iorfa stayed on we would have gone on to win

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Just watched the replay.

Keepers fault 100%

Lees doesn’t know what’s behind him, he has to go for the ball. It’s pretty obvious the shout was too late.

So even if you are right and Lees doesn’t know what’s behind him how does heading it in to his own net become the best option and leave him with, according to you, no blame whatsoever 

Wouldn’t heading it over, away from the net or actually taking the chance that no one was behind him be better than planting it in to his own net......you could tell from Lees body language after the goal that he believed he was 100% to blame

Some people’s desire to slag Dawson at any opportunity seems to blind them to the obvious at times 

• Like 1

Just now, Ian said:

So even if you are right and Lees doesn’t know what’s behind him how does heading it in to his own net become the best option and leave him with, according to you, no blame whatsoever 

Wouldn’t heading it over, away from the net or actually taking the chance that no one was behind him be better than planting it in to his own net......you could tell from Lees body language after the goal that he believed he was 100% to blame

Some people’s desire to slag Dawson at any opportunity seems to blind them to the obvious at times 

So you think he wasn’t trying to get it away from danger?

By the way, Dawson stays on his line (as he usually does) and that just lollipops into his hands.

Lees had two choices. Leave it, try and get it clear.

Human freaking instinct would lead most people to react positively towards the ball in that situation. Only overridden by a clear, confident and timely instruction from a team mate.

Its not hard

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So you think he wasn’t trying to get it away from danger?

By the way, Dawson stays on his line (as he usually does) and that just lollipops into his hands.

Lees had two choices. Leave it, try and get it clear.

Human freaking instinct would lead most people to react positively towards the ball in that situation. Only overridden by a clear, confident and timely instruction from a team mate.

Its not hard

I refer you to the last line of my original post

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Projecting. That’s all it is.

Youre pretty much the worst poster for blinkered views on players once you’ve formed an option. 

See shorts thread.

I’m blinkered am I?.....in which case I’ll add part of the Sky match report for you

“Preston skipper Paul Gallagher fired in a free kick from the acutest of angles, one which again tested the increasingly impressive Dawson”

Blink at that

Bruce trying FF out wide in the wrong formation is part of the process of him coming to the correct conclusion that FF should be on the left of a midfield four. 

Reach - Bannan - Hutch - FF 

(FF being on the left) should be great for us next season. 

6 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Bruce trying FF out wide in the wrong formation is part of the process of him coming to the correct conclusion that FF should be on the left of a midfield four. 

Reach - Bannan - Hutch - FF 

(FF being on the left) should be great for us next season. 

Would prefer: 

Lee- Bannan - Hutch - FF 

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Can't believe some people are blaming Dawson for a shocking mistake and lack of listening from the 'captain'

Some can do no wrong and others do everything wrong in certain peoples eyes. Poor that from our fans.

Peoples opinions differ , why would Lees head it if he had heard a call anyway , I’m not 100% he heard a call in time 

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Can't believe some people are blaming Dawson for a shocking mistake and lack of listening from the 'captain'

Some can do no wrong and others do everything wrong in certain peoples eyes. Poor that from our fans.

I’ll explain it in a very basic way.

One of the two players has a full view of the circumstances and surroundings, one does not.

In that situation, I expect the one with the best information to make the right decision.