Assessment of Today

20 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Bruce trying FF out wide in the wrong formation is part of the process of him coming to the correct conclusion that FF should be on the left of a midfield four. 

Reach - Bannan - Hutch - FF 

(FF being on the left) should be great for us next season. 

I wouldn't say that experiment is over. 

I think it was more to do with the players being so slow out of the blocks.

Which is why the manager changed it after 10 minutes.

Though noticable he went back to it at the end when Nuhiu came and we pulled the two goals back.

18 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’ll explain it in a very basic way.

One of the two players has a full view of the circumstances and surroundings, one does not.

In that situation, I expect the one with the best information to make the right decision.

Which he did.

Unfortunately the other guy decided to head it anyway.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

So even if you are right and Lees doesn’t know what’s behind him how does heading it in to his own net become the best option and leave him with, according to you, no blame whatsoever 

Wouldn’t heading it over, away from the net or actually taking the chance that no one was behind him be better than planting it in to his own net......you could tell from Lees body language after the goal that he believed he was 100% to blame

Some people’s desire to slag Dawson at any opportunity seems to blind them to the obvious at times 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I wouldn't say that experiment is over. 

I think it was more to do with the players being so slow out of the blocks.

Which is why the manager changed it after 10 minutes.

Though noticable he went back to it at the end when Nuhiu came and we pulled the two goals back.

That pitch was way too fast and zippy for our tortoise pace in the first half ..

To be honest to Preston they did a pretty decent job trying to run us into the ground in that first 45 ...

The Bòllocking would obviously helped our cause 2nd half ...

Chuffed to bits in the end all told ......

• Like 2

FF has had spells playing on the left but given the freedom to roam when we have the ball. He really can be good there, but I'm sure he's said he doesn't like playing there, be interesting to see how Bruce handles him.

i think he'll be here next season unless we get a very big bid for him.

41 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Look at Lees reaction after he does it.

He knows he cocked up.

Yes I know I said at the time , Dawson does not fill me with confidence. He has a lot to learn  can you see that ?

Edited by dewsburyowl58

4 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Do you think he is good enough for us?

He has the potential to be, yes.

One more season with Westwood and Dawson out on loan and he'll be more than ready. He's our long term number 1, his career here has been derailed slightly through no fault of his own, for simply not being Keiren Westwood.

If Westwood leaves however, I'd have no qualms with replacing him full time with Dawson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

That's fine but most opposing managers would just tell their RB to get forward at every opportunity. 

I sincerely hope our Father Ted days are behind us.

We should always make other teams worry about us and play to attack.

When we do lose possesion I'm sure FF will track back and harass more now SB is in charge.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

One more season with Westwood and Dawson out on loan and he'll be more than ready. He's our long term number 1, his career here has been derailed slightly through no fault of his own, for simply not being Keiren Westwood.

If Westwood leaves however, I'd have no qualms with replacing him full time with Dawson.

I would as he is at the moment , why are you even mentioning Westwood ? He is a far better keeper but that’s not the issue . 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Watch his body language mate. No reply to Dawson of "Where was the shout?". He was 100% at fault.

There’s nothing to say that that should be his reaction...not reacting as you expect him to does not mean he’s 100% at fault.

Just like Dawson taking a pop at his defence after letting an easy one past the other week excuses him of fault

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Assume you’ve got no qualms with finishing mid table then? Because will

be difficult finishing top 6 conceding nearly 2 goals every game

1 hour ago, Tank_owl said:

FF has had spells playing on the left but given the freedom to roam when we have the ball. He really can be good there, but I'm sure he's said he doesn't like playing there, be interesting to see how Bruce handles him.

i think he'll be here next season unless we get a very big bid for him.

When he starts from the left, but with a licence to roam, he can be effective, but mainly in a three. When it’s just Fletcher up front, there’s too much of a disconnect He’s at his best, when it’s him and Joao flanking a central striker