Lucas - Goal Machine

I'd look at him in a front 3 for sure. This consistency thing is constantly thrown up against him but most of our strikers have had dips or injury. I think any player who looks a bit leggy has the consistency thing thrown up that bit more than that more non leggy type. His ratio of goals isn't bad in spells. And he offers something. It may be FF, Hooper/Winnall, Joao in a front 3. Hope them strikers who have been injured can sort themselves out. If Bruce plays his 4-2-3-1 I'm not sure who'd best play as the 1. The front 3 may suit us best. Bruce might try and move a few on from the squad. 

26 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

I'd look at him in a front 3 for sure. This consistency thing is constantly thrown up against him but most of our strikers have had dips or injury. I think any player who looks a bit leggy has the consistency thing thrown up that bit more than that more non leggy type. His ratio of goals isn't bad in spells. And he offers something. It may be FF, Hooper/Winnall, Joao in a front 3. Hope them strikers who have been injured can sort themselves out. If Bruce plays his 4-2-3-1 I'm not sure who'd best play as the 1. The front 3 may suit us best. Bruce might try and move a few on from the squad. 

Also Rhodes might not be quite out of the equation just yet. Just need say a front three weighing in with goals and a solid team shape and all is possible. Aarons and the like could add pace and I think everyone knows pace is important. 

Edited by basegreenowl

The most consistent performances from Joao came at the end of last season.

Two main reasons 

Firstly he was playing every game. This makes a massive difference from odd games here and there.

Secondly he was playing at the side of Nuhiu. They play well together, read each other’s game, atty takes the pressure of Joao and takes the responsibility for making sure the ball sticks up top while Joao has the pace and ability 

Its really weird that he's been shunted out wide so much.  He's clear a number 9 and a good one too.

The four strikers we had at the end of the PO final season - Hooper, Forestieri, Joao, Nuhiu - we're clearly good enough and gave enough variety you could play many different styles.

If we'd spent the money we spent on adding Rhodes, Winnall and Fletcher the next season on bettter full backs or wingers instead we might be up by now. 

24 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Its really weird that he's been shunted out wide so much.  He's clear a number 9 and a good one too.

The four strikers we had at the end of the PO final season - Hooper, Forestieri, Joao, Nuhiu - we're clearly good enough and gave enough variety you could play many different styles.

If we'd spent the money we spent on adding Rhodes, Winnall and Fletcher the next season on bettter full backs or wingers instead we might be up by now. 

Hooper and FF have barely played since then, and Nuhiu was long overdue an upgrade.

Fletcher has been a decent signing but is handicapping us financially. Winnall was unnecessary. Rhodes just hasn’t worked out.

I’d argue that we needed to invest, we just didn’t do it very well. For example, could we have just signed someone like Gestede instead of Fletcher and Rhodes? He’s not the greatest, but a decent updgrade on Nuhiu