Doing it the right way

It may look good that we have given all these youngsters an opportunity in the match day squad but how many of them are at the stage where they are ready to step up and be a regular; probably 4. I love the fact that they are involved but we have to temper this with the fact that the majority you listed are not ready and are only included because a lot of the senior players will be gone at the end of the season. I admire your enthusiastic post but unfortunately I'm a glass half empty kind of guy after watching the Owls for over 50 years. We still need a blend of youth and experience and it will be interesting to see the standard of players Jos  brings in at the end of the season once all the older, big earners are off the books.

Can’t disagree with any of the sentiment of the OP.

It doesn’t IMO excuse the fact that as ordinary fans we are being ripped-off at every opportunity unless you have an ST.

Even if you have said ST then that is where the benefit stops and the ripping off begins.

The marginalisation and disenfranchisement of our wider fan base is horrifying to see and particularly disturbing as the club seem not to either care one jot or have one clue just what foundations they are laying.

On the footballing front I would tend to agree even if I still think we are too negative but on a football club front then I am very concerned.

6 minutes ago, 33 said:

Can’t disagree with any of the sentiment of the OP.

It doesn’t IMO excuse the fact that as ordinary fans we are being ripped-off at every opportunity unless you have an ST.

Even if you have said ST then that is where the benefit stops and the ripping off begins.

The marginalisation and disenfranchisement of our wider fan base is horrifying to see and particularly disturbing as the club seem not to either care one jot or have one clue just what foundations they are laying.

On the footballing front I would tend to agree even if I still think we are too negative but on a football club front then I am very concerned.

Agree. In my head,  I always  manage to separate the footballing side of things and the club side of things.  Which might be a bit barmy. But that's me! 

Utopia would be a world where we got the club side, the business , working in harmonious tandem with the football side. Whether that will ever happen. ... well. I'll Just have to live in hope. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Utopia would be a world where we got the club side, the business , working in harmonious tandem with the football side. 

Agree with that plus I win the lottery and have a couple of Swedish au pairs.

On 30/09/2018 at 15:38, Lord Snooty said:

Agree. In my head,  I always  manage to separate the footballing side of things and the club side of things.  Which might be a bit barmy. But that's me! 

Utopia would be a world where we got the club side, the business , working in harmonious tandem with the football side. Whether that will ever happen. ... well. I'll Just have to live in hope. 

The Holy Trinity would be The Football Team, The Business and The Fans all existing in harmony.

I fear there is a disturbance in the force, which I have simply ignored up until now through ignorance, I assume we had simply moved closer to the average after years of cheap ticket prices. I don't know what this all means as the Season ticket stats are not on Average Season ticket prices sold, but on the "Cheapest" season ticket prices. Wednesday are second in both tables. Anymore stats from fellow Brainiacs are welcome.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/473344/championship-teams-ranked-by-most-expensive-matchday-ticket/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/473324/championship-teams-cheapest-season-tickets-uk-soccer-football/

And worst stats of all

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2017-2018/1/

:picnic:

A famous politician, no sorry, professional truthsmith, famously coined the phrase "Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics". I think its clear that the football club and commercial side of the club have been optimised. However, I feel solidarity with Mr C as I believe he's matching the "extra" money the fans are clearly being asked to pay.

If there are any Villians in this story then I would look at the players who have under performed over the past year. Some have injuries yes, but most of last season was an absolute disgrace.

I would ask the senior players to commit to giving "extra" this season, just like the owner and the fans clearly are.

Anything is still possible.