Thorniley watching Accrington

Sounds like the kid has his head screwed on.

Ok, it's only going to watch a team play who he played for previously.   But at 21 most lads his age, especially on probably an elevated wage compared to most his age this strikes me as sounding like he's a grounded individual.

Probably comes from his dad's experiences maybe?

I didn't realise he was 21 until I checked his stats out.   Next season is the one where he shows if he's good enough for Championship football and above, or if he's going to be one of the ones that falls away somewhat like Beevers, Wood etc.

11 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

Sounds like the kid has his head screwed on.

Ok, it's only going to watch a team play who he played for previously.   But at 21 most lads his age, especially on probably an elevated wage compared to most his age this strikes me as sounding like he's a grounded individual.

Probably comes from his dad's experiences maybe?

I didn't realise he was 21 until I checked his stats out.   Next season is the one where he shows if he's good enough for Championship football and above, or if he's going to be one of the ones that falls away somewhat like Beevers, Wood etc.

Beepers and wood have played in the championship most of their careers . They weren’t helped by our moronic fan base giving them pelt . 

Back om topic, I like Thorniley . Hope he continues to progress

11 hours ago, james o connor said:

Beepers and wood have played in the championship most of their careers . They weren’t helped by our moronic fan base giving them pelt . 

Back om topic, I like Thorniley . Hope he continues to progress

Richard Wood had a decent career at Wednesday and had decent support until he declined a new contract and moved to high-flying Coventry to advance his career prospects (not money-based move at all.....) glad it worked out well for him.

Beevers did OK for us, nowt special, lower end Championship reliable player but we had options that were better at the time. can't recall him being hounded out.

Neither went on to achieve anything more than they had with us which suggests that moving them on wasn't a bad decision in either case.