Thorniley watching Accrington

Saw on his Instagram that he was at the game. Is it just me that respects players showing some love and respect to clubs that helped develop them?

Goes to show the kind of character that he is and I can see him showing the same kind of respect to us too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Yeah I agree, nothing wrong with that at all. Good to see players appreciating their roots/past clubs that’ve helped them on their way.  

Off the top of my head, I think Reda Johnson has come back to watch us a few times. 

I think Reda was at the family fun day too wasn't he? I know he's been back recently, remember seeing it somewhere 

41 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Good to see...more players should appreciate the people/coaches/clubs who have helped them along the way. Returning to a loan club as supporter is a decent touch.

It sure is , and congratulations to Accrington , brilliant achievement by them and good luck to em next season .

Well hopefully he gets himself a league winners medal, and this motivates him to get one with us next season. 

What a a brilliant achievement for Accy though. It’s such a small town and small team - basically non-league level but they have definitely punched well above their weight. 

It's amazing how many footballers don't seem to like football and don't watch games on their day off etc.  So I've always got respect for any that use their spare tie to be at games.

Fergie was apparently the same and he also liked players who read books, so if you got on the coach with a book to read for the journey you were in the good books.  I think I'd agree with that too.