Jos Luhukay "The third goal was lucky for Villa"

Jos Luhukay.jpeg

The Owls may have gone down 4-2 to Aston Villa but Jos Luhukay says the positives were plenty following a thrilling afternoon in S6.

The visitors twice came from behind to claim victory but only after Wednesday put in a spirited showing, particularly in the first half.

And on another day, Luhukay may well have been celebrating a win himself as his side spurned chances in front of goal.

The Owls manager said: “We lost the game but I saw a lot of positive things today. We created a lot of chances against one of the sides fighting for the Premier League.

“If we had taken the chances we created, we would have won the game. We hit the post twice, once in each half, and I do not think the luck was with us today.

“I think the way the corner fell to their player to score the third goal was lucky for Aston Villa and the penalty was just a statistic at the end, it did not affect the game.

“So I think the scoreline did not do justice to this game – we were much better than the score suggests.

“But for us, we must take our chances and we must defend better.”

Luhukay also revealed another injury blow with news that Ross Wallace is likely to miss the remainder of the campaign.

The midfielder has a knee problem and Luhukay said: “Ross felt his knee in the last game and we are waiting for the doctors to say if he needs surgery or not.

“But he will be out for some weeks and I think he will be missing the rest of the season.”

Owlstalk Shop

Think like the Swansea game we did v well first half and then looked leggy second. I am looking forward to Luhukay getting a full pre-season under his belt with the players in terms of fitness, because if we can sustain that energy for 90 we will be there-or-thereabouts next season. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Ref may well have been a corrupt c*nt but our defending was lackluster to say the least... always losing our man in front of goal; it's basic maths, 1 man per attacker and you don't let anyone run in free on goal for header or shot; that's just opening up to conceding; like we've done a lot of this season.