Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
bobness

Coming home after almost two decades!

Recommended Posts

I moved abroad in the late 90s, so it's been a while since I've attended a match at Hillsborough. The handful of trips I've made back haven't coincided with a home match, but it's looking like my next one will (about bloody time!).

 

Hoping someone can advise with a few questions.

 

1) How soon before a match do tickets go on general sale?

2) Leaving the ground what's the easiest and fastest way to get a taxi out? Is there a taxi stand anywhere nearby? Is Uber a better option?

3) Due to a commitment shortly after the match I must get to the Netheredge area as quickly as possible. Approximately how long will it take to get there after a match? (I assume taxi would be fastest).

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bobness said:

 

 

1) How soon before a match do tickets go on general sale?

 

4 weeks or so. The website has ticket sale details on it. But we don’t sell out so you can get tickets right up to the day of the game. 

 

7 hours ago, bobness said:

2) Leaving the ground what's the easiest and fastest way to get a taxi out? Is there a taxi stand anywhere nearby? Is Uber a better option?

 

Shefffield does have Uber but the traffic is a nightmare anywhere near hillsborough after a game. You can walk down to hillsborough corner and let the Traffic clear a bit. The super tram runs into town for a few quid 

 

 

7 hours ago, bobness said:

3) Due to a commitment shortly after the match I must get to the Netheredge area as quickly as possible. Approximately how long will it take to get there after a match? (I assume taxi would be fastest).

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Yiud be best walking away from the ground for a bit and then getting a taxi/Uber. Perhaps up the hill behind the ground or down to hillsborough corner and getting a cab up malin bridge way. 30mins? 45mins

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 23:36, torryowl said:

what's an uber ?

 

A branded name, the BBC would have us all refer to them as "vacuum cleaners" 

 

:tango:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...