Yet another question about young Hirsty, re: compensation

2 hours ago, just visiting said:

I doubt you'll gamble on a tribunal decision, they can go either way depending on which factor they value the most, if they go by his age, potential and lack of first team appearances, it could be less than £1m but loaded with add ons, which is a favourite of theirs.

Another one of ours,  Luke Garbutt, he was the same age as GH and with a similar playing record.

"The tribunal held yesterday came to the decision on compensation for the England Youth international, who joined Everton earlier in the summer.

Both clubs agreed that a figure would be set by a tribunal of the Professional Football Negotiating and Consultative Committee (PFCC), which is made up of representatives from the Football League, Premier League, PFA and Football Association.

The hearing, which took place at the Premier League's offices in London on Monday, declared that Everton should pay an initial £600,000, which could rise to over £1.5m due to various add-ons including appearances, honours and international caps."

LCFC have already express an interest at £2m, I would have an educated guess and say the club will sell in January for £2m ish.

We've not sold anyone in 3 years that the chairman hasn't wanted too. Doubt we'll sell him in January. Much more likely next summer if anything. 

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

What are your expectations he'll sign based on ?

Not having a pop just interested as everything i've read re Hirst leads me to think that he'll leave but its just based on stuff i've read no insight other than that 

I just think we would have sold him already if there were no indercations to us whatsoever that he would sign. 

As all that's going to happen is his value will go down and you can not gamble on the tribunal being anything decent.

Think he is maybe seeking more assurances from us about the future, like in two years time is he still going to be in the reserve's.