OFFICIAL SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PRAISE OR GRUMBLE THREAD - 2017-18

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Where did they get this pub team name from anyway? 

no idea mate think it's their shoulder chip sticking out of their shirt again 

because tbh every owl i know was grudgingly impressed with what they did last year but i thought they'd finish lower half i admit 

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

no idea mate think it's their shoulder chip sticking out of their shirt again 

because tbh every owl i know was grudgingly impressed with what they did last year but i thought they'd finish lower half i admit 

I think it's something they made up for themselves and they're using it as a lever to attack us with

8 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Good call by Gaz. Interesting  to hear that Sean Clare’s dispute isn’t even about money, but about length of contract. 

When will we ever learn?

Just cant get my head around what's happening at our club we pay possibly hundreds of thousands to keep Mcgugan warm and Melo in tram fare  and countless others 

BUT we can't stretch to offering a lad of ours a bit of security when he's proved to be a prospect - staggering ineptitude imo

Just now, steelowl said:

Just cant get my head around what's happening at our club we pay possibly hundreds of thousands to keep Mcgugan warm and Melo in tram fare  and countless others 

BUT we can't stretch to offering a lad of ours a bit of security when he's proved to be a prospect - staggering ineptitude imo

I know. I can’t believe how many 2 and 3 year contracts we’ve handed out to injury prone has-been’s, yet are seemingly baulking at giving an up and coming talent more than one year....? And at a time when we’re crying out for exactly the sort of player Clare is! Where’s the logic?

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Younger players are getting older and what to play first team but we leave it a bit too late. They want better wages and contracts and I can't blame them to some extent. We don't seem to be selling players on having developed some cracking players

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Secretive about injuries? What does he expect the club to say? I get the feeling that whatever the club says it's not going to be enough for some people 

you surely can't agree with the silence mate ?

players disappear for months