EFL + FFP = FFS?

7 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

DC has his own construction business plus a 'small' stake in the family business. I haven't tried hard but I haven't found details of his own business so don't know its worth

The extended Chansiri family own 20.84% of TUF shares
DC's immediate family (Dejphon, Att, Nat and wife Tipparut) own 1.8% of TUF shares. DC's own holding is 0.6%
In addition DC owns shares in TUF subsidiaries:
25% of shares in Chansiri Real Estate Co., Ltd.
92% of shares in Gemini & Associate Co., Ltd.
80% of shares in Gemini Watercraft Co., Ltd.

Not much info comes up on Google searches of these companies

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

The window is a good idea. At least you know your player is with you for a set period of time. 

Its not the window itself that is wrong, its the timing. Ridiculous that its open at the start of the season. Should be 1st June to 31st July.

I also think that having a Winter window is wrong and probably originally designed more for European countries taking a Winter break.

15 hours ago, Morepork said:

Nope, that's not one of Dr Xia's formulas, he doesn't have to worry about that.

Ironic, that a system initially setup to preserve the financial health of football clubs and prevent ambitious owners from overextending themselves is now potentially doing more harm than good to some clubs.

Parachute payments made the job of competing incredibly difficult, now add to that the ever increasing transfer fees, limited revenue streams and the unrealistic constraints of FFP and it's evident that the mechanism currently in place is broken and actually holding clubs like our own back, massively so.

Either the allowed losses under FFP need to be increased, at which point you could argue its not worth having or there needs to be another mechanism for owners to inject funds through loans even if that means it has to be done through the EFL or another third party. Maybe even a second tier of FFP for clubs who have more financial muscle behind them?

I applaud the fact that we're working tirelessly to stick to the current rules, it's proof that DC's stewardship is sound but it's frustrating being shackled like this and it will continue to deteriorate.

Why can't the Owls do what teams like Huddersfield and Burnley have achieved? Winning promotion without spending huge sums of money.