First 2 goals

Guest The Claw
13 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

The second goal is laughable 

1.why is wildsmith playing the ball like that to pudil?

2.why is pudil then taking ages and then playing a terrible pass back to wildsmith knowing players are closing him down

Why not just get it cleared!

3.wildsmith then with a crap touch and clearance which then goes in our net.

joke

12 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Same with first goal. Why did he role the ball to Jones? Why did he pass to a marked Bannan? Why did he turn into trouble and then foul, conceding the free-kick? Plenty of opportunities to clear.

Said to my mates at half-time, in our previous matches Westwood got us out of trouble with some very good saves, and I wasn't confident that Wildsmith would do that. Unfortunately he did worse than what I'd ever imagined he'd do! Westwood would've whacked it up pitch for the first one, probably the second goal too but what's done is done, he's a kid he'll learn from these mistakes (hopefully!)

why do we play reserves?

14 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Wildsmith nearly got caught out early on. 

First time ive seen wildsmith play and he looks very dodgy to me .notsaying he wont make a good keeper but no where near ready to take over from westwood

Wildsmith had a bit of a mare for the first, a full blown mare for the second and was unlucky for the third after a cracking stop when they had walked through our back line with little or no resistance. 

Hate cup matches, almost as much as an international weekend. One of the top 6 prem teams will win it as usual....YAWN. The FA should put the Prem/Champ teams in the mix in the earlier rounds to make it more interesting. 

Roll on 'Udds!

Wildsmith also made a couple of poor decisions / punches at 0-0. Just never seemed right to me.

Whilst we were our own worst enemies I could also have sworn there was a handball down our left side that launched their attack that eventually resulted in the first goal. Not that we didn't have at least 2 occasions to prevent the eventual goal coming subsequently. 

I wouldn't blame Wildsmith for the second goal...

It was a poor goal kick but Pudil is experience enough to know the ball he played back was a shocker.

Admittedly Wildsmith should have learnt from the incident early on and played the ball elsewhere.

Sometimes the ball possession can't just be kept and the ball should have gone down the line.