The Owls vs Leeds United. Official Matchday Thread. ***Early Kick Off***

33 minutes ago, prowl said:

I was waiting for someone to blame Nuhiu.....even though he wasn't on the teamsheet..

Congratulations, you have won a coconut.

it's not about blaming nuhiu...

BUT IF we're serious about promotion (for me) as loveable as the 'trier' nuhiu is, he isn't good enough to play for a side 'going for it'...

at present we 'tippytap' it about inviting physical sides in onto us, and are presently paying the piper...

IF/when the penny drops (opposite to wenger thinking)...

that this is not the only method in english football to propel the ball into threatening area's of opposition territory... 

then we'll need a player who is a serious threat in the air, i'm far from convinced that atdhe is THAT player...

as likeable as the bloke is, and he's a trier (no doubt) who loves wednesday, he's not good enough and shouldn't have had an extension...

we could bring a number of triers who love wednesday in from the crowd, but they too wouldn't be good enough either, sorry but atdhe should have been allowed to leave with out thanks for his efforts...

ps when you droppin' the coconut off?

Edited by dnhc

Poor match all round, we looked very nervous throughout the team. Slack marking for the 2 goals, their 2nd was a bit lucky, it ran over his foot but he just got enough on it to deflect in. The only time we looked like scoring is when we ran at the central defenders but fluffed the chances, makes you wonder why we send nearly every attack down the wings. Not naming names because that's unhelpful, nearly as unhelpful as the goof sat behind me slagging players throughout the match and not suggesting any improvements or any ideas.

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Two shots on target for them according to ESPN .... We have to turn the dominance into goals / points. The team could go on a great run but at moment look like fair few of them undercooked and out of form. Hunt, Wallace, FF, Hooper all either off pace or in need of fine tune. 

Hooper and Fletch need to start a game or two at home together. 

Buckley needs to give Wallace a rest and I think Hunt needs a game or two out too. 

image.png

We weren't dominant though. Yes we had more possession, but most of it was sideways or even backwards recycling, usually ending up down a blind alley.

They hurt us more than we hurt them.