Side for Nxt year

Guest jeffrey

Westwood

Hunt Lee New CB Pudil

New RW New CM Bannan Forestieri

Hooper New CF

Need people with pace and strength.

A nasty ball winner in the middle and a fast strong target man upfront.

Need a quick winger who can beat people and a CB with pace!

Preferably proven championship players with the potential to step up

He must address that, otherwise our off-games (mistakes, as he calls them) will continue. We rarely win ugly. We either play lovely stuff and get a decent result, or we get turned over looking very weak. I hate the term lightweight, but it's a reality. Carlos must strike a balance between muscle and technique. At the moment, we favour the latter. We need both.

Lots of people saying we're not lightweight... I don't understand it, we're one of the most lightweight teams in the league. They'll argue we win lots of 50/50s etc... well that's down to being nippy, not strength. I'm delighted with the style of play we've incorporated and think we need to have lots of little agile players buzzing around the pitch... but we still need a couple of giants in the side that are less agile but can actually win aerial and strength battles in the team so our little guys can continue to buzz around in their nuisance manner. 

Whoever comes in as a new left sided centre back needs to be big, the new defensive midfielder will need to be big, and the new striker will need to be big. Ideally 6'1'' as a minimum for all three methinks. Get those taller lads in the core of the side and we can start having little gems all over the pitch and getting the best from them

Lots of people saying we're not lightweight... I don't understand it, we're one of the most lightweight teams in the league. They'll argue we win lots of 50/50s etc... well that's down to being nippy, not strength. I'm delighted with the style of play we've incorporated and think we need to have lots of little agile players buzzing around the pitch... but we still need a couple of giants in the side that are less agile but can actually win aerial and strength battles in the team so our little guys can continue to buzz around in their nuisance manner. 

Whoever comes in as a new left sided centre back needs to be big, the new defensive midfielder will need to be big, and the new striker will need to be big. Ideally 6'1'' as a minimum for all three methinks. Get those taller lads in the core of the side and we can start having little gems all over the pitch and getting the best from them

You are not a History student then?

Spanish Armada - fast, agile and nippy small ships scuppered the beasts of the Spanish fleet.

I have read lots of posts saying "we risk being bullied", or "we could be bullied". But we dont, not when Bannan and Lee play centrally.

Guest wilyfox

I agree about the CB and CM - People need to bounce off them. As for the striker, could go one of two ways... an upgrade on Nuhiu, or someone quick and strong like Dicko or Assombalonga. Very costly, but, we're probably at that stage now where it'll take valuable players to make us top 2 contenders.

You are not a History student then?

Spanish Armada - fast, agile and nippy small ships scuppered the beasts of the Spanish fleet.

I have read lots of posts saying "we risk being bullied", or "we could be bullied". But we dont, not when Bannan and Lee play centrally.

No, I'm not a history student

But I know that there is quite a difference between the Spanish fleet and its nautical battle tactics with cannons, and a Championship football game. 

No football team in the world has ever been successful with a team consisting of players the size of Lee and Bannan across the entirety of the field apart from the centre backs. Even Barca in the Guardiola days when they were perceived as very small had at least four 6ft+ players in their starting XI (Not including Valdes in goal)