Santa Hats

It wasn't a dig. It was a genuine question with some thinking behind it...

Yep - nice to see Wednesdayite doing stuff like this (outside of 'core activities), so well done.

Question though - obviously it would mean bigger costs for a bigger crowd, but why not for one of the pre-Christmas home games (where the hat would have much more chance of being used beyond the novelty of one game thus not only reaching a larger audience, therefore better advertising for Wednesdayite and the club, but also reaching more than the hardcore away support to spread the word of SWFC and Wednesdayite better)?

Where is the dig?

You can also note the question was answered and that answer accepted later in the thread, before it went off on a tangent.

Guest Deleted member

It wasn't a dig. It was a genuine question with some thinking behind it...

Where is the dig?

You can also note the question was answered and that answer accepted later in the thread, before it went off on a tangent.

Yes. I regret that.

I actually thought you were genuinely interested

Ha - I wondered why my Dad sent me a picture of him in the ground with a daft hat on.

Nice one.

Just to add he's in his 60s and was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. My Mum went to the game in my place and was amazed it happened and what our fans were like.

My Dad will be meeting me in London for the Fulham match and he's apparently bringing the hats with him.

Guest Deleted member

Just to add he's in his 60s and was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. My Mum went to the game in my place and was amazed it happened and what our fans were like.

My Dad will be meeting me in London for the Fulham match and he's apparently bringing the hats with him.

I was helping out on the turnstiles, the fans thought it was brilliant, there was a girl helping, she got plenty of beery kisses and Merry Christmases!!

What with that and Semedo Day Wednesdayite have proved they can add a very positive slant on supporting the club, and organise fun initiatives that add to the atmosphere

Clearly the Santa hats are not what the cool kids wear

The fact you do stuff rather than criticise those that come up with ideas speaks volumes

Be better than that crap one you normally wear

I was helping out on the turnstiles, the fans thought it was brilliant, there was a girl helping, she got plenty of beery kisses and Merry Christmases!!

What with that and Semedo Day Wednesdayite have proved they can add a very positive slant on supporting the club, and organise fun initiatives that add to the atmosphere

No one is saying these aren't good initiatives. The suggestion was to do it for a home game to a wider audience and the question was simply why was that not an option

There has been no sniping at the actual initiative in this thread at all. It got derailed by something else.

Wasn't Semedo Day a joint thing with Owlstalk and POW? Not just Wednesdayite?

By the way - do you know who stayed up for hours the night before that Forest match attaching the strings to the Semedo masks?

I assume you are not going to explain that previous post then Nigel?

How about an apology for accusing me of lying about the fact that Wednesdayite wanted to try and see if they could transfer the money to the new entity after I have seemingly proved you wrong with a previous post of your very own despite you telling me I'd be told the opposite a number of times?

Or is it a case of throwing this right back at you:

I wouldnt expect you to apologise. If you're going to act the c**t - we'll leave the discussion there.

Quick to throw around the insults and accusations, but not so quick to stand corrected, eh?

For the same of clarity, and in the hope that this personal abuse rubbish can stop, the remaining members of the Wednesdayite Board did not attempt to transfer the 'old funds' to the new entity. The legacy funds were 'ringfenced' until a proper pathway could be found to deal with them properly.

Despite comments on here, the funds were never 'lost' and the intention was always to use them as required by the 'rules'.

The new entity, as reported to the members and with their approval, was set up to carry on the core activities plus any others which could be delivered by the remaining few volunteers. The hats, the possible new flag and other donations and supportive activities are being funded from the resources generated by the hard work of the very few volunteers.

Perhaps with a little more thought, the suggestion about extra spending on hats for home matches, could have been accompanied by suggestions of how the extra funds could be raised - as well as offers to carry out any necessary work.

With just a few hours left of 2015, surely it is time that the repetitive personal attacks are ended, at least here. If you can't stop, please take the bickering somewhere else.

Best wishes to all of you and good luck.

John

Thanks John, and happy new year to you too.

I'm confused by the notes from the general meeting as posted on the previous page then (form 31 August 2014). It states: "Wednesdayite are taking legal advice regarding what happens to the circa £30,000.00 of cash held by The Supporters Society. The Society rules state that this should be transferred to local community causes, but they are establishing whether it can be transferred to the new entity."

Is that untrue?

There are also several references to the funds being transferred from the old entity to the new one in previous threads debating the subject, and largely stood uncorrected.

Are there any more 'official' minutes from this meeting you can point me to, to clarify and educate myself better?

John

I can understand why Wednesdayite board members no longer post on here, but if you have these initiatives but no one knows about them then there can be no suggestions made. 

Possibly time to came back on board - the past is the past as far as I am concerned. The issue you mention has been resolved and if the organisation is no longer "political" but concentrating on the good stuff there can be no valid complaints.

Thanks John, and happy new year to you too.

I'm confused by the notes from the general meeting as posted on the previous page then (form 31 August 2014). It states: "Wednesdayite are taking legal advice regarding what happens to the circa £30,000.00 of cash held by The Supporters Society. The Society rules state that this should be transferred to local community causes, but they are establishing whether it can be transferred to the new entity."

Is that untrue?

There are also several references to the funds being transferred from the old entity to the new one in previous threads debating the subject, and largely stood uncorrected.

Are there any more 'official' minutes from this meeting you can point me to, to clarify and educate myself better?

As far as I understood there were 3 phases, upto the IPS cessation where there was about £10k and the sum that has been donated. There was a "no legal entity" stage where more money was collected say £20k, before the new Wednesdayite was set up.

I stand to be corrected

As far as I understood there were 3 phases, upto the IPS cessation where there was about £10k and the sum that has been donated. There was a "no legal entity" stage where more money was collected say £20k, before the new Wednesdayite was set up.

I stand to be corrected

Thanks. 

That is how I understand it too following this post by Nigel in the other thread: http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/221803-its-all-so-quiet/?p=6440510 (which I understood, accepted and acknowledged).

My question above was more about whether Wednesdayite ever sought to acquire the funds of the old entity to the new one, which I am seeking clarity on because Nigel accused me of lying and being defamatory about that despite him actually posting that was the case in his own notes from the general meeting on 31 August 2014 (as evidenced above) and there having been other posts across the forum suggesting my recollection of events was correct too.

Theold rules as you might recall from your time on the Wednesdayite Board, said more than what you have quoted. They actually allow for funds to be transfered to a similar organisation with similar aims and requirements. When the problem started to be addressed, it was immediately thought that transferring the funds to a different unconnected organisation would be the best course of action and it was this which was being investigated. At all times, after the embarassment of the earlier failure, we were trying our best to deal with the issue in the best possible way for everyone who had any of interest or involvement.

Advice - both helpful and otherwise i was being thrown from many directions. Lots was happening all at the same time and it wasn't easy to deal with. I think we can all agree that the careful process wyich was followed has been successful. It seems that all but a couple of people are satisfied and have ended the arguments.

I am no longer involved, except in a very minor way, but I am happy now that Wednesdayite are in a position where the very few remaining officers are able to deliver the core activities until thee car park lease is ended. The purchase and distribution of the hats was a very successful activity - the shots on the TV broadcast and the photos and comments which have appeared back up this view. The plans for a new big flag are also exciting.

As I keep saying to those I speak to, what any fans group is able to do is totally dependent on volunteers to do the necessary work. As we have seen on here over the past couple of years, good ideas are not enough. Volunteers to carry out the work and support from the fans are essential.

Off now to start the New Year.

John

Edited by attica