Why does Lucas not start?

I'm glad we rested Joao if the intention is to start him against Stoke, which is a game we should be prioritising. But after we lose on Tuesday then Joao should be starting almost every game

If 2 points is the difference between 6th and 8th, we may regret this apparent prioritisation of the league cup. Nuhiu should have started on Tuesday, joao yesterday.

Our always know better fans never seize to amaze me. Are we saying CC is not up to the job?

I think he was just asking a question for debate... It's what this website is for. Stop posting ridiculous posts and answer the question

On topic, I think CC is handling LJ well. I'd like to see a bit more of him as I think he's a much better option. We need to be careful not to burn him out. He was ineffective v Brighton due to this...

If 2 points is the difference between 6th and 8th, we may regret this apparent prioritisation of the league cup. Nuhiu should have started on Tuesday, joao yesterday.

Similarly if Stoke are there for the taking on Tuesday and we can't win coz Joao didn't start, and hull get a shock win against Man city and get drawn against Stoke in the semi's, then we may regret not having a great chance to get to our first cup final in 23 years. League points can always be made up over a season, but a chance to play in cup finals can't be

I don't think Joao not starting at Blackburn has anything to do with starting him against Stoke . He may well start against Stoke as he did against Newcastle and Arsenal but that is nothing to do with him starting or not in league games.

It is more to do with protecting him from getting isolated in games like Blackburn with two hairy arsed centre backs kicking poo poo out of him as he competes for 50 yard balls.

I agree with him that we are better playing Joao when we have Hooper and FF on the pitch, when the whole team is pushing forward and that he would be wasted playing him without the proper support.

The issue is whether we can play that way from the start.

There is also the point that the last two games we have been without Bannon and Hutch and to put it bluntly the midfield has been poor.  Very little football being played, a lot more long ball. With those two back and the midfield playing it more on the deck I am sure we will see Joao starting more games.

Before you jump on me, this is not a critical post, but a genuine question.

Come on, to a man, we all know Lucas has more talent, more goals, more threat and infinitely more potential than Ad the (and for the record I like Adthe).

Next, I love Carlos, and find it a bit like cheating on my wife to even question one of his calls.

So why does he not start with Lucas?

He is 22, not a baby. He is not being kicked up in the air by hairy bummed centre halves. When he comes on he transforms us. Ad the is not Messi. He is playing roughly 45 minutes per week.

I am genuinely flumoxed. He plays like Maradonna as a sub, but Madonna when he starts (Arsenal excluded).

If we could get Lucas playing for 90 minutes like he plays as a second half sub, we get promoted and have a £20m asset. And yet he doesn't warrant a starting place.

Any thoughts?

https://audioboom.com/boos/3873842-carvalhal-blackburn?t=0

About half way in Carlos explains why he doesn't always start.