Mick Lyons Article

Played a major part in one of the most memeorable and emotional games I've ever been to.....a 1-0 midweek defeat away at Wolves! Bannister missed 2 penalties and his name was echoing round the away end at the finish.....Lyons also got sent off......somehow he ended up in the back of the net with what seemed like all the wolves team surrounding him with no where to go.....he stood his ground though and a few soon cleared off.

Its some time ago now so the memory may have made some of that sound better than it was.....in fact I'm now questioning to myself if all that happened in one game or over 2 different ones.....anyone else remember

Played a major part in one of the most memeorable and emotional games I've ever been to.....a 1-0 midweek defeat away at Wolves! Bannister missed 2 penalties and his name was echoing round the away end at the finish.....Lyons also got sent off......somehow he ended up in the back of the net with what seemed like all the wolves team surrounding him with no where to go.....he stood his ground though and a few soon cleared off.

Its some time ago now so the memory may have made some of that sound better than it was.....in fact I'm now questioning to myself if all that happened in one game or over 2 different ones.....anyone else remember

...and they scored with a penalty (dodgy one, although my memory might be a little biased)

One of the most memorable  away games, on a Cup run that culminated in a Semi Final loss, responding to "what's it like to have a rrooooff (sorry I spell Black Country) ? 

With ..."We'll have a rrooooff at Wembley" ...and onto Bobby Bolder on the rrooooofff, Mark Smith on the .....

EVERYONE on the RRRROOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFF !

One of those good bad nights.

Mickey was such a great signing ...right player, right time - absolute legend, even though he is more Everton than Wednesday ..and that says something !

Guest The Claw

saw him near riverside after a players reunion all the younger fans walked passed him, me and my brothers stopped him to speak to him. He kin loved it, never forgotten!