TUF , when are they going to make a appearance?

That makes no sense to me. If you want people to know who TUF are wouldn't you put a TUF logo on a tin of John West tuna? It's not going to cost them anything is it?!

I don't think this has anything to do with a TUF other than that's where the Chansiri's have a made a lot of money. Will they use swfc as a vehicle to promote their brands in the future? Possibly, but I don't think that's the motivation behind this.

it would if decided to remove all the international brands and make one single worldwide brand, the premier league is a perfect tool for marketing and making TUF a brand in its ownright, i am sure we will be just one cog of many, likei said i did read this if memory serves me it was the president of TUF , he actually said it was there intention to just use the TUF brand 

I think youre missing the point.  TUF is the logo of the company name.  John West is a brand name, they probably have loads in different markets.

Why would they promote the name of the company unless it was a strong brand name and logo and they were able to pump millions of dollars/baht into rebranding.

If you had no knowledge of DC and his family(99.9% of the world) and suddenly saw tins of tuna in Morrison's that said TUF on it would you think about buying in the same way you did when it was called John West?

I think youre missing the point. TUF is the logo of the company name. John West is a brand name, they probably have loads in different markets.

Why would they promote the name of the company unless it was a strong brand name and logo and they were able to pump millions of dollars/baht into rebranding.

If you had no knowledge of DC and his family(99.9% of the world) and suddenly saw tins of tuna in Morrison's that said TUF on it would you think about buying in the same way you did when it was called John West?

Is this in reply to me?

it would if decided to remove all the international brands and make one single worldwide brand, the premier league is a perfect tool for marketing and making TUF a brand in its ownright, i am sure we will be just one cog of many, likei said i did read this if memory serves me it was the president of TUF , he actually said it was there intention to just use the TUF brand

Never in a million years will they bin off a brand like John West and replace it with Thai Union Foods. It would be commercial suicide.

Never in a million years will they bin off a brand like John West and replace it with Thai Union Foods. It would be commercial suicide.

maybe not mate , maybe they may just want to raise the profile of TUF maybe have it some where on the pakaging, saying all that its been done many times before

remember marathons ?

http://www.designbolts.com/2014/08/22/rebranding-examples-of-famous-companies-in-the-last-100-years/

Guest Distraught!

If they want to promote the TUF brand it the UK wouldn't they start by putting it on John West products? There's not a mention of TUF anywhere on there.

TUF have stated in a number of trade publications that they (as a holding group) want to pursue an aggressive policy of worldwide acquisitions. Promoting the TUF and Chansiri name on a European and Worldwide stage can only help that process. I have always viewed Chansiri's intentions for buying into football as a front to promote other businesses rather than a standalone investment. Obviously, the exposure that could be gained would increase tenfold should the club achieve promotion to the Premier League thus the justification for high spending.

maybe not mate , maybe they may just want to raise the profile of TUF maybe have it some where on the pakaging, saying all that its been done many times before

remember marathons ?

http://www.designbolts.com/2014/08/22/rebranding-examples-of-famous-companies-in-the-last-100-years/

Snickers was the established brand pretty much everywhere else in the world apart from the UK so that was a bit different.

As I said, I really don't think this is about TUF. We're just the family's new train set IMO.

Snickers was the established brand pretty much everywhere else in the world apart from the UK so that was a bit different.

As I said, I really don't think this is about TUF. We're just the family's new train set IMO.

i think we much more than a train set

TUF have stated in a number of trade publications that they (as a holding group) want to pursue an aggressive policy of worldwide acquisitions. Promoting the TUF and Chansiri name on a European and Worldwide stage can only help that process. I have always viewed Chansiri's intentions for buying into football as a front to promote other businesses rather than a standalone investment. Obviously, the exposure that could be gained would increase tenfold should the club achieve promotion to the Premier League thus the justification for high spending.

They've also distanced themselves from investing in us.

Why?

ffp

imo mr chansiri as been very clever , with TUF not linked to us they can safely sponsor us , this as yet to happen , yet we see TUF branding at the press confernance as per my opening post

like i said , i wonder when we going to see a aperance

ffp

imo mr chansiri as been very clever , with TUF not linked to us they can safely sponsor us , this as yet to happen , yet we see TUF branding at the press confernance as per my opening post

like i said , i wonder when we going to see a aperance

I think you're looking too deeply at it.

If I bought a football club out of my own money that didn't have a sponsor I'd probably stick my company logo where the sponsors logo should be- not sure there's any more to it than that re the press conference.

Guest Distraught!

They've also distanced themselves from investing in us.

To clear this one up, a spokesperson for TUF stated that the PURCHASE of SWFC was not related to TUF and was wholely a personal investment fby Dejphon Chansiri. That is correct and something that TUF would feel obliged to say in view of the fact that they are a PLC and not privately owned.

The executive board does not have the mandate to use investors' money to buy loss making companies in a field absolutely not related to the core business of TUF. TUF are a food manufacturing and processing company and that is what the people who buys shares on the stock market are expecting to buy into. The shareholders might be well peeved if the money that they have invested is used to buy football clubs.

However, none of that would prevent TUF using football as a commercial front to sponsorship, advertising etc. 

Purchasing football clubs and commercial activity within football are two distinctly different things.

I think you're looking too deeply at it.

If I bought a football club out of my own money that didn't have a sponsor I'd probably stick my company logo where the sponsors logo should be- not sure there's any more to it than that re the press conference.

well if the rumours are true of us spending 10m+ i think the answer is perfectly clear regarding ffp

To clear this one up, a spokesperson for TUF stated that the PURCHASE of SWFC was not related to TUF and was wholely a personal investment fby Dejphon Chansiri. That is correct and something that TUF would feel obliged to say in view of the fact that they are a PLC and not privately owned.

The executive board does not have the mandate to use investors' money to buy loss making companies in a field absolutely not related to the core business of TUF. TUF are a food manufacturing and processing company and that is what the people who buys shares on the stock market are expecting to buy into. The shareholders might be well peeved if the money that they have invested is used to buy football clubs.

However, none of that would prevent TUF using football as a commercial front to sponsorship, advertising etc.

Purchasing football clubs and commercial activity within football are two distinctly different things.

Well put.

remember marathons ?

Google was called backrub.... haha

imagine if it hadnt changed