My (considered) theory

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

No you responded with an argument tha made no sense in regards to how a business should operate and how to bring more money into a club. I replied how it would work and makes complete sense to give away a few empty seats as it would bring in future revenue and profit into sheffield wednesday. You then didn't reply to my post that completely shot down your bizarre, condescending, sarcastic opinion.

I will now leave you guys ....

Don't go yet... tell us what the thread was called

The reason I'm so interested is that for a long time Ive been an advocate of using our empty seats as an asset - pretty much how you've described

Can't you leave all this arguing b@llocks in the Wednesdayite section?

There are too many racists in the Wednesdayite section.

Have you been in there lately? - it's all kicking off big time.

Wednesdayite have been reported to the Womens Institute and Mums Net, now.

And, I'm being serious.

Guest Deleted member

the realist, on 08 Aug 2014 - 9:47 PM, said:

thanks for your (considered) theory...so much better than the unconsidered theorys everybody else posts

2soon, on 09 Aug 2014 - 8:47 PM, said:

Your considered theory is way off.

My considered theory is you haven't an idea.

JonTheOwl66, on 09 Aug 2014 - 9:10 PM, said:

Daveyboy is definitely Grandad's little lapdog.

2soon, on 09 Aug 2014 - 9:11 PM, said:

Your posts constantly annoy me. You come across like you know what's going on. You have no idea.

Maybe you should keep your views to youraelf

the realist, on 10 Aug 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

love the way grandads minions allways step in to defend him
*message to fellow owlstalkers*
Its ok to abuse and mock anybodys posts on here....apart from the mighty 'grandad'

JonTheOwl66, on 10 Aug 2014 - 1:17 PM, said:

This, sadly, is very true.

If I'm an attention seeker - grandad is number 1 in attention seeking on here.

All of this (and others but can only post so many quotes)^^^^^

Responded to with this..

Grandad, on 10 Aug 2014 - 2:59 PM, said:

Debate the post. Not the poster

I prefer Grandad when he posts as Canyoujust.

Is it the avatar that gave me away?

Guest Big Guns

The reason I'm so interested is that for a long time Ive been an advocate of using our empty seats as an asset - pretty much how you've described

lets be honest this isnt the first time some ones totally exposed you ive seen it happen a few times and you always try an wriggle out of it 

lol

Guest Big Guns

Lets be honest BG

You talk b****ks. And you're not the only 'BG' to do it either

lol lets be even more honest when you tried to belittle me jto and the realist and goad us into an argument you didnt expect to be totaly owned by jonesy did you 

it didnt pan out how you planned it to at all did it

lol

#lovingit

Guest Deleted member

What point was Grandad trying to make by quoting all of our posts above?

The fact that I consistently have to put up with the belittling of (particularly) you 3 but am supposed to not react

It follows pretty much every post I make.

And its boring. Very very boring.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Nobody has ever said you aren't allowed to belittle. I even said we all do it.

So what point are you actually making?

Found my original post

Back to the point of increasing revenue streams and raising the profile/popularity of the club. Blackburn have just been on sky sports news giving away 20 golden tickets (free season ticket to mark 20th anniversary of winning the prem) with the manager walking round the town centre handing them out to people in a Blackburn shirt. Just seems like a good idea and a positive story that outs their club in the media. Not saying we should be copying this but surely these are the kind of ideas our marketing/PR team should be thinking up

Your post was nowhere near as long as I remember but I stand by it as you have been much much worse with other posters. Sarcastic and condescending.

What a fantastic way to bring our average ticket revenue per fan down.

Next....

This was my reply

That's not very intelligent is it, 20 season tickets is all they gave away and first was to a kid. Doing it in the school holidays also increases the chances they will give it to a kid. This means there's a good chance they will need a guardian to go with them and surprisingly will have to pay money into the club. What's better giving away 20 seats nobody would have been sat it or give them away, making the club look better and getting them in the media spotlight and also increasing the chance those people will buy season tickets in the future. If just 1 fan buys a season ticket for the next 50 years at £500 (not counting inflation) that's £25,000 the club would receive by one extra fan. Do you understand marketing and business? It's not about what happens just now, it's about building for the future. I repeat, what's better, getting 20 extra fans in who will spend money on other things to do with the club, making them happy and more likely to invest in the product in the future? Or just having 20 empty seats to accompany the other 15,00 empty ones.

What's your clever reply to this grandad?

I had no reply and then the discussion went on with you and JTO discussing the German vs British model and then further down it went into academy talks. Thread was a good read actually. Think it was the championship finances one.

Still awaiting Jonesys link to the topic he has referenced

Sporty it took me a while to find. Not that bad obviously but like I say it tends to be an attitude you have towards people took look down our nose at and just brush off opinions without actual consideration and when promoted to reply when a sensible argument is put in front of you then you either try and change the subject of ignore it as you did in this case.

Sorry*

Guest Big Guns

The fact that I consistently have to put up with the belittling of (particularly) you 3 but am supposed to not react

It follows pretty much every post I make.

And its boring. Very very boring.

the only differnce between us 3 and you is 

we all give it out but us 3 can take it back you cant you expect everyone to suck round you 

Guest Deleted member

The thread had consistently referenced our average ticket price as being one of the lowest there is. And then your suggestion that we do the same as Blackburn would only drive it down further.

I actually do agree with your point - though personally Ive advocated over the years doing it in a much bigger way. Not by giving out 20 golden tickets - but by utilising the whole lower Lepping Lane area and getting 1000 free kids in there from local schools for every game, with an accompanying parent.

If my response to you made you feel compelled to write this

I don't comment very often but you completely belittled me in a post I made in the transfer rumours thread a while ago. I said Blackburn were clever giving away 20 'golden season tickets to fans'. You insinuated that I was stupid and clueless and it was bad business if sheffield wednesday were to give away 20 tickets to random fans on the high street wearing Wednesday shirts.

My reply which was something a long the lines if they are giving the tickets away to kids mainly, meaning that an adult would have to buy a season ticket to accompany their child to the game, also the fact that money would be spent on merchandise over the season . Then I pointed out if just 1 wednesday fan out of those 20 gets hooked and becomes a lifelong season ticket holder and buys merchandise and attends a few away games then in say for example a 50 year period it would bring in an extra say £50,000 into the football club. 

You then ignored my sensible reply and proceeded to slag off somebody else's ideas further down the thread. I would find quotes but it would take me hours to come across in that thread. I do feel slightly bad at singling you out in this thread but I have read your utter nonesense in this and multiple other threads. There are many on OT that do slag off posters and belittle them. You however give off the impression of being above the majority of posters and don't do this (which ylu clearly do) and when called out about things and seem to be losing a debate you go back to saying things like "debate the post and not the poster".

Now the fact that someone who rarely posts and if I do it tends to be in a constructive manner comes on and says the above to you, then do you think there is something wrong with either your persona and the way you talk to people and come across on OT ? Or am I just a randomer whineing and I'm just like the rest of em. I will let you decide 

Then I think you have over reacted. How me saying 'next' in any way insinuated you are stupid and clueless is beyond me

Guest Deleted member

Nobody has ever said you aren't allowed to belittle. I even said we all do it.

So what point are you actually making?

I have no problem at all with debate. But why do you guys insist on belittling all the time?

It weakens your point, and is really boring. 

Guest Deleted member

the only differnce between us 3 and you is 

we all give it out but us 3 can take it back you cant you expect everyone to suck round you 

I don't expect anyone to 'suck around me' at all.

But maybe, just maybe, people are bored of the whole 'Big Guns, Realist and JTO pick up on everything Grandad says and belittle at every opportunity' theme?

It really is boring