First team squad size.

Guest Strap

Blackpool have lots of money, we don't. They were a premiership club not long ago.

They're miles ahead of us, I don't know why people are moaning.

We should just pay our money and shut up.

And 20 players for Blackpool...

And it's not even about quantity, it's about quality.

I'm not saying all our players are great but out of the whole blackpool team I'd only be interested in 3 of their players. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest wilyfox

We're ok for defensive numbers, but wafer thin offensively. Our creative hopes rest on the shoulders of Maghoma and Maguire at the moment.

From what Gray's said in interviews he seems to have a huge amount of faith in Maghoma - I hope he's right and the lad stays fit because from what little I saw of him last season he offered little and for us to now be relying on him so much is a real worry.

We're ok for defensive numbers, but wafer thin offensively. Our creative hopes rest on the shoulders of Maghoma and Maguire at the moment.

Which is pretty much what Gray said. In truth we should have a squad that is up to scratch with plenty of options for Gray. We just haven't done that. We can upgrade or tinker with loans in and out later, but we should have the basic squad in place.

I think people understand why we can't take the plunge with any major outlay and that any money we spend has to be generated by sales and savings. All football clubs at this level loose money, most a few million per anum I would imagine. As I see it, we've lost ten players from the squad that finished the season, some of those big earners. We've replaced them with just 3. The investment in the development squad has also been put on hold. There we've lost 9 players but only brought in 5, if you include those promoted from the academy. Surely the least that should have been done was to plough that money back into the current squad.