Creativity from midfield

Guest Le Fez

What Palmer lacks for me. he's SHOCKING around the penalty area unless it's a whipped cross, no plan B especially the shooting opportunities yet never see him in shooting practice either pre game psychologically must have an affect.

It's a quandary alright... It would be a huge bonus if we started getting a few goals from midfield. For what I've seen of him, Lee really doesn't shoot that often, lack of confidence maybe? As one of our premier passes I expect when he scores he'll grow massively in confidence and shoot more and then get it in the onion bag more often... But hey, that could just be blind optimism. 

When we play one up top it cries out for someone to break from midfield. From what I've seen the only one who seems to get this right in terms of his timing is Hutchinson and he is supposed to be more defensive. I'd rather that not be Lee as we need him to sit a little deeper and unlock defences with his clever passing. That's not Semedo's game and Palmer looks a little in-between to me.

I'm sure Gray knows exactly what he wants and I will trust him ten times more than I did DJ.

When we play one up top it cries out for someone to break from midfield. From what I've seen the only one who seems to get this right in terms of his timing is Hutchinson and he is supposed to be more defensive. I'd rather that not be Lee as we need him to sit a little deeper and unlock defences with his clever passing. That's not Semedo's game and Palmer looks a little in-between to me.

I'm sure Gray knows exactly what he wants and I will trust him ten times more than I did DJ.

To be fair, with the 4-2-3-1 formation it should allow players to get forward. With the fullbacks getting forward, and supplying the majority of crosses, whoever is in the 3 should have no excuse not to be in the box

To be fair, with the 4-2-3-1 formation it should allow players to get forward. With the fullbacks getting forward, and supplying the majority of crosses, whoever is in the 3 should have no excuse not to be in the box

Totally agree, there is no excuse. It would be best though to have someone who has it in their natural game to get forward. All our current CMs are predominantly defensive in Lee, Semedo, Palmer and Hutchinson. I'm sure SG will address it in the Summer.

Totally agree, there is no excuse. It would be best though to have someone who has it in their natural game to get forward. All our current CMs are predominantly defensive in Lee, Semedo, Palmer and Hutchinson. I'm sure SG will address it in the Summer.

He could play maguire in the centre of that 3, with antonio and maghoma (when fit) or lavery